Thursday, March 5, 2009

OSSO needs volunteers, get the word out!


OSSO is a non-profit that works in Ecuador in various orphanages. I went several years ago and it was one of the most memorable experiences of my life, totally unforgettable. They are in major need of volunteers right now because less and less people are able to raise the money to go. If they can't get volunteers they might have to close down their orphanage or cut off funds to the orphanages they foster, since a huge part of the volunteer fee goes straight to the orphanages. When I went, I was able to raise more than half the money I needed to go, but it's just not happening right now with everyone feeling the pinch of money. If you know anyone who is looking for this kind of experience and they have the money to spare, please let them know. You can contact them at info@orphanagesupport.org, or give them a call at 208-359-1767. It is so perfect for a college semester, right after graduation, or before college. The time frames vary from 2 weeks to 2 1/2 months and the cost varies also, just check the website http://www.orphanagesupport.org/. I would LOVE to go again, hopefully someday:)

2 comments:

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

i wish i could go! is your email address still becks1082@yahoo.com? if it isn't will you send it to me so i can invite you to my blog? lissamurdoch@hotmail.com

The Johnson Journey said...

Look at how busy you have been! I love the pictures you have. I'll make CD's and send them out, but mine suck. Also, I would love to go... remember when I wanted to originally go with you? I wish. How was your Utah reunion w/ your hubby?