Saturday, March 21, 2009

an avid TLC watcher...and I'm really bored

I'm not sure if anyone else has watched Toddlers and Tiaras, but it is totally insane. I just saw some of an episode and this mom was like yelling at her 4 year old saying "Bigger smile, that smile's terrible. Flirt, I don't see you flirtin". Oh my gosh, are you kidding me. The best part is watching the moms mimick to their girls what they need to do, seriously frightening. Their faces are so overly expressive, you'd think they would break. I'm so glad I don't live in the south, sorry. From the kids I mostly saw total selfishness and vanity, or a total dislike of the whole process, only consenting to thier crazed parents to be left alone. By the way, these little girls fake tan, wear tons of makeup, seriously dance a little provacatively, and they can be as young as 2. It all makes me a little ill.
In other TLC news, if you watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 you're probably like me not believing all these divorce rumors. But I just saw the preview for Mondays show and I guess they talk about all these problems they're having in their marriage. Sad. I remember watching the wedding episode with my sister Leah and Kate said we did this to show our kids that we would never be apart, that their dad and I would always love each other and be there for them. I mean who knows what's happening, but it's got to be hard with all those kids, all this fame, money, and attention. It seems Kate is always away at some function or Jon is doing his own thing. Too much time apart, priorities off. It just shows that you really have to be united as a family and not let all those stupid outside elements get into the importance of your family. Family first people...that's the honest truth.

5 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Oh no! I'm sure they'll work things out.

Jennica said...

Wow its just not possible for them to be apart. How will Kate pay the bills and John pay child support? I love that show but did not hear the rumors... Its so funny we get wrapped up in TV, but it is REAL lives we are watching. it just seems like Kate is so uptight about everything! Just like the mom from little people, big world, another great show...

Unknown said...

I love that you posted about Jon and Kate. I've read about the supposed marital issues and though, not them. Then I swear, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the preview for Mondays finale. Steve would think I am being ridiculous, but I will be so sad if they end up getting a divorce. You know they wouldn't have if they hadn't done the show. Fame and recognition does weird things to people. For the record, I don't and will never want my own reality TV show!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

oh man! I love that show and I will be sooo sad if they really do end up getting a divorce!

Darcey said...

i have watched that "toddlers and tiaras" show you were talking about - and i was terrified as well...

i like the South (obviously biased because that's where Scott's from), but I never saw any crazy pageant hungry women slave driving their little girls...maybe that's in the DEEP South .. ;-) (j/k)