Thursday, March 19, 2009

Dear Housing Fairy...

As we contemplate a job and moving and a place to live, there are a few thoughts and requests I'd like to make concerning a place of residence. The following are "wishes" you could say, please do what you can.
I'd like to NOT live in an apartment.
We (meaning mostly Oliver and I) would LOVE a backyard to run around in.
Along with the backyard, I'd like to have a garden very much, or at least space to make one.
Please can we have a community pool? One of my favorite memories from being a kid in San Diego was our blessed community pool that we'd hit everytime we returned from the beach.
Hmmmm, speaking of beach, that is a must. Really, I'd like to be flexible on this but it's just unnegotiable, sorry. Within 10 miles prefferably. Thank you from us all.
Ideally 3 bed 2 bath, but we can swing 2 bed 2bath, although having that 3rd bedroom for all those guests visiting would be nice. I mean we should be generous and hospitable right?
I will be needing laundry in my house, and that's that.
I would love a kitchen that is welcoming and big enough to want to be there, considering I spend a lot of time in this location.
A park close by would be really useful for a young, active mom such as myself.
A safe, friendly, diverse neighborhood would be wonderful.
Ollie would like to request a ward with some kids to play with.
Since I bike with Oliver to many places, I would love a grocery store, post office, etc. within biking distance to our house.
And all these things being in a price range we can afford. And yes, we don't mean in Texas, more like California. Miracles can happen.
Well that's all that I feel the need to write. I will send these wishes out to the universe in hopes that the housing fairy will see fit to grant us a few requests. I don't really believe in Karma or the Law of Attraction, but I'll pretend for a bit. Can't hurt.

2 comments:

Magen said...

yeah but if the house was in TX then we would live in the same state. of course of the job was in CA then the commute would suck!

Unknown said...

Best of luck to ya. Right now I am just praying for the job offer! Ryan is there today, right? Let us know what happens ASAP.