Monday, March 16, 2009

Almost 2

Tomorrow Oliver turns 2, are you kidding me?! It's still hard to believe that I can't really call him a "baby" anymore. He is an absolute boy in most every way and is entering toddlerhood with a lot of excitement. Here are a few of my favorite things about Ollie right now:

- Although he is an ultimate boy, he loves more than anything to snuggle and love. Like when Ryan and I hug or snuggle or kiss, he insists of being apart of it, not because he's jealous, he just genuinely wants to be included.

- He plays electric air guitar when a favorite song is on. Like he seriously gets on his knees and contorts his face all rocker-like.

- He is music crazed. He prefers to have music on all the time. He will go to our player and ask for music and it can't just be any music, he is very particular about the kind he likes. I've never seen such music preferance out of such a little guy. His favorite songs are one from Lars and the Real Girl, which he had us play like 6 times yesterday, luckily it's an amazing song so we don't mind. And the other is High and Dry, which he sings to the top of his lungs to and actually is totally in tune, another funny trait. Along with this music craze, he sings very loudly at church when we sing hymns, it's one of my favorite things. Singing and good taste in music, he comes from some good genes:)

- He is totally reckless which I have to admit I sort of love. He is rarely scared to do anything. We'll be at the playground and he will try to just jump straight off an edge, like it's not high at all. Needless to say, I'm not the mom that sits and watches much at the park.

- He's all about bikes, skateboards, anything with wheels and tries anything that looks remotely dangerous. And when he falls, he gets right back up to try again.

- Sometimes when Ryan and I are sitting next to each other, he gets between us and puts an arm around both our necks and then squeezes us together, like saying, I just love these guys.

- He follows kids anywhere we are, and just laughs and laughs at them, just wanting to be apart of the group.

- He is really sensitive which I also love, cause he still needs his mom to give him loves and snuggles.

- He is super independent. He'll run off without Ryan or I and not look back.

- If anything sad happens or someone is crying, he just gets this look on his face and says "sad" and wants to comfort them.

- He is really passionate, whether it's extreme happiness, or total dissapointment, he does not hide his emotions.
- He is super goofy and has a great sense of humor. Obviously Ryan and I are really hilarious cause he is laughing at us all the time.

- He's really good at being left like at nursery or childcare at the gym.

- He hardly ever causes a scene and is not a whiner, which I'm really grateful for. Luckily when things get hairy, he is easy to distract.

-He is happy about everything. He dances all the time, runs laps around the house just cause he feels like it. He randomly gets the best looks on his face. He really had the best facial expressions, they make me laugh everyday. We hear him from the room over cracking up in laughter watching one of his favorite shows.

-He never sits still. Sometimes this is not good, like at church. Mostly it's just funny and it always keeps us on our toes.


Two years ago today I went into labor tonight, headed to the hospital and had our little boy. His moment of birth was kinda funny cause Ryan and I were both like, who does he belong to! I have to say, he was an amazingly gorgeous newborn, and that's rare. I was totally in awe of him. I remember that my face actually hurt from smiling so much. I had this sudden awareness that my life would never be the same. Even compared to Ryan, I knew being a mom was totally a different gig than being a dad, and boy has it been. Life has been an adventure and I can't wait to see what kind of little man he will continue to grow into. I'm going to attempt a curious george cake, most likely it will be really scary looking, but we'll eat it after all so who cares. We're going to purchase a basketball hoop tonight which he will totally freak out about, I can't wait to see his face when he opens it.



7 comments:

Amanda said...

oh little baby nephew! happy birthday tomorrow big boy ollie! love you!

andrea said...

What a precious!!!! Happy Birthday to Ollie :) Trust me I understand, my baby is five....it's so scary.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Olliekins! He looks so much like Carson in those pictures. Give him a big kiss for me!

Wright Life said...

What a cute boy, Happy Birthday!!

::jill:: said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVER!!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!!
you are such a big boy!!
Have a great day with your parents and curious george.
XOXOXOXo
LOVE,

UNCLE JON AND AUNT JILL

kelleyplus said...

Grandma and grandpa and chelsea have a birthday song for you on our blog. We love our little baby boy as much as the whole world, no the universe, no the infinity!

Jennica said...

Oh, I love your boy and I don't even know him! Oh yeah, and just b/c you don't have a job offer right now for Hawaii doesn't mean you'll never have one. Keep your eyes open and something will come through. You can always move, and take any job and Ryan can then work towards the job he really wants. Just call me before you make the decision to move b/c I have some advice. It is a wonderful place to live, but hard to survive financially...