Wednesday, June 3, 2009

You're heaven to me Baby!

Hope this picture takes you back to a better place my sexy-prego baby.

I have to begin this blog by stating this is Ryan posting the blog, not Becky. I've been meaning to do this for a while and now that I'm here by myself in utah, it seems like the perfect time.


As most of you know, jobs have been scarce these days for everyone looking, especially in construction. For the past 15 years or so BYU has placed 100% in the Construction Management program so getting a job has never been a very large concern of mine; until this last semester. Every company I spoke to said the same thing: "We're just not hiring right now and we're not quite sure when we will again." I attended the largest construction career fair in the nation and spoke to over 50 different companies from across the country only to hear the same response; except for one company: C.W. Driver. I was becoming very nervous about not being able to obtain a job. I was becoming extremely fearful of not being able to provide for my family.


Through all of this, Becky was a rock. I can't tell you how much of a comfort she was to me. She always said that she was sure I would get a job and that things would work out. Not once did I ever hear her express fear or doubt. Becky is amazing. I really can't fully explain what Becky did for me. I love my baby and I want everyone to know what a strength she is to me in my life.


Well, it looks like long posts run in the family. p.s. Becky is an amazing packer and has made this whole process of moving so much easier. Open up that Golden Gate! California here we come!

6 comments:

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

I am missing you...

'anny M said...

I'm so happy for your sweet family. Thank you for sharing your story of faith. Becky IS awesome. Oliver is SO cute. Ryan is pretty dang lucky, and I think he's awesome, too. Can't wait to see you this summer!

The Johnson Journey said...

Oh Ryan... that was aewsome! Becks was a rock, she's amazing... but let's not forget that you got the job!! I'm really very sad that you all are leaving.. in fact, I might cry. We have to figure out a way to stay close to the Facers, especially when your little angel gets here.

The Johnson Journey said...

PS-- Is that a Hawaii picture???

andrea said...

Ryan, you are so sweet to my cousin :) I am so glad you two found eachother, you are perfect together! We are so stoaked to get to see you guys more, and come visit you in Cali!! Congrats again on the job, you are seriously the man for scoring that job in this economy!

aaron and meg facer said...

Nice post Ry! (This is Aaron, btw) Meg and I had a great time with you, Becky, and Oswald in CA. Wasn't it great to be all together under one roof? It was the closest thing to "old times" that the Burnett Facer family has had in a long time. (Are we old enough to use the phrase "old times"? Definitely a subject for debate.) Anyway, one of the highlights of the trip for Meg and me was talking with you guys that one night about personalities and psychology and family. It was SO fun! Let's hang out some more!