Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A birthday surprise


So I had quite the little birthday surprise planned for Ryan this year. He knew I had made reservations somewhere along the coast for a night but just didn't know exactly where. So we dropped off Ollie at the Facer grandparents house and I got in the drivers seat and drove. It was fun to have him guessing the whole way. When we pulled off in Santa Monica to take the PCH up he was sure we were staying in Malibu. Then when I passed Malibu he was sure it was Ventura. When I passed C street he knew it was Santa Barbara. We stayed at the cutest place by the beach that had bikes to use, wine and cheese (mostly cheese:), milk and cookies in the evening, and a hot tub all to ourselves. It was so nice. They even put a bottle of Martinelli's in our room with a birthday card. We had dinner on the pier and basked in the beauty of Santa Barbara. It is totally La Canada on the beach. We knew that's all La Canada was missing these years. The best part about surprising Ryan is that he gets so excited about everything. I think I might have to do this every year. He is the sweetest, cutest birthday boy there is!

1 comment:

andrea said...

How fun Becky! Good planning :) I love Santa Barbara, it's gorgeous.