Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Happiest Place on Earth

Of course we just HAD to get Ollie a Mickey Hat with his name stitched on the back. Coupled with his shirt, this kid was made for Disneyland. Too bad his hat was like 14 bucks and his shirt from Savers 2.
The very first and last ride we went on. The entire rest of the day and then some, we heard "rocket ship!" By far the favorite.
We went through Mickey's house and didn't even realize at the end we'd meet Mickey. It was worth the wait in line to see Ollie get so excited. Plus he got to show off his twinners hat to his new bestie.
A classic...the Dumbo ride.
The castle of course.
His hat read "dead men tell no tales!!" Amazingly, we got to eat at the Blue Bayou even though they were only taking reservations. They must have known it was Ryan's bday. Ryan had never been but always wanted to go. Disneyland, making dreams come true. This is the restaurant in the middle of Pirates of the Carribean.
This picture turned out very fuzzy but I love it still. Ollie and Ryan went on the teacups 5 times. I was happy to be the camera man for this ride. This might have been a tie to the rocket ship.

By this time Ollie had not taken a nap all day, I mean who can! It was 8:30 and we were all pretty much exhausted. I'm impressed we lasted until 9:30 when we left. Oliver fell asleep approximately2 minutes after getting in his car seat.

We went on Ryan's birthday which was awesome because he was free. He even got to wear a birthday button on his shirt and Ollie and I got to wear "I'm celebrating" buttons. It took the first ride to teach our little Oliver that waiting in line takes a lot of patience. After that he was a pro. I do have to say that if not for the tag teaming powers of a husband and wife combo, this day would not have happened. I was thinking of getting a season pass and just bringing Ollie on my own. Not so much anymore. Ryan took Ollie on some of the shorter rides while I waited in the big lines and then they caught up with me in time to get on. That's pretty much how we survived. Maybe when I'm not almost 7 months pregnant and dealing with a 2 year old, I'll try the solo trip. We are planning on hitting up my birthday in Oct. with baby girlfriend. You just can't pass up a $69 ticket for free. Disneyland, as usual, we love you...

1 comment:

andrea said...

Oh man, I wanted to come for my birthday so bad but we didn't. How fun! Tell Ryan Happy late Birthday from us! I definitely want to take the kids when we visit.