Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Austin's home!

So I realize it's been a little too long since my last post, very unlike me, sorry. A lot has been going on so let's see...Ryan and I drove down to La Canada last week to welcome Austin (Ryan's brother) home from a mission in Minnesota. I drove one car with Ollie and my sister Laura and Ryan drove our other car with a trailer stuffed with things for the move here. We pretty much took everything in one load, thanks to yours truly being an excellent packer. All but our bed which is still waiting in Utah. Our plan was to leave Sunday back to Utah because Ryan is still in spring term. What's hilarious is that guys in Ryan's major who already have secured jobs have actually left school with just a few classes left, never finishing completely. That is crazy talk, we are finishing.

On Saturday I came over to my house for a visit and right after I got there my dad received a call from his dad is Arizona that his mom had a stroke and was in the hospital on a respirator. So my dad booked a flight that day and was able to spend some time with his mom before she passed away. Grandparent deaths are always so bittersweet because I don't get to see my grandparents very often so I feel a loss when they're gone, but then I always feel happy for them to be able to leave an aging body and return to their heavenly father. Now I wish I would have gone to see my grandma when I was in Arizona last. I actually talked to her fairly recently and asked for pictures of her from her past to enlarge and put in a frame. She sent me some really great pictures. She was always so gorgoeus. I wish I was at home so I could post one up of her. In her letter she told me to have Oliver learn the cello and I will stick to that promise. She was an amazing violin player and has always believed in good music. I remember one time we were visiting and we were listening to Bryan Adams and my grandma was just disgusted that we could listen to that "devil music". She was so funny. Now I know where Ollie gets his love for classical music. Honestly he prefers it over almost anything. She was a very lively, opinionated lady who had a major zest for life. I loved that grandma always had expectations for life and the people around her. She just thought everyone should live up to their best, and that is really good motivation. She requested that the Kelley girls sing "wind beneath my wings", classic.

My mom, Leah, me, Ollie, and Carson will all head to Az tomorrow for the funeral which is on Saturday. It will be so fun to see all of our family and celebrate my grandma's life. I'll fly back to Utah Sunday and basically have about 2 weeks before move out. I'm so glad so much is done already. We can't wait to be here and start a new chapter in our lives. Another baby, possibly a house, a salary and a real job! Being close to both our families is always a major blessing and Oliver is in heaven with all these grandparents to love.

Our weekend at the Facer's was so awesome. Aaron and Meg were able to come before their big move, Jon and Jill and just 10 days old Dane came for the weekend, Austin was home, and Jeff was happy to not be the only one home. All five brothers together was really fun and special to see. When you have five boys and missions, sometimes there are major gaps in the whole family being together. Austin is SUCH a great guy. I am so proud of the great job he did. Sometimes you can just tell who was an awesome missionary and who just did it. Austin was awesome. It was fun for us all to tell him what we learned from him and his mission and then hear his testimony. I love being with the Facer's. It is very easy to feel the spirit and just feel like a family. I always learn something new from everyone when we are there.
I am now 6 months along which is actually totally insane. Like how does that happen all the sudden? The baby girl is moving around all the time now. I can see my tummy jumping all over the place in the afternoon if I'm just relaxing. Leah's little boy Carson is here and just absolutely adorable. Ollie pats his head and totally takes the older brother role with him. Let's hope the same happens when his little sister gets here:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Becks, I am so sorry I haven't called you back yet! This weekend was crazy but I know I will see you soon when you're out here for good. I am so sorry to hear about your grandma but you have such a great attitude at her passing! So refreshing. I just love your family and how beautiful you all are inside and out. Can't wait to celebrate Ryan's graduation and your new baby girl sometime after the move! Take care ~~ V