Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Garden in Bloom


I am literally obsessed with my garden. Don't be fooled, these are not my tomatoes, but they will be. I am amazed how something starts as nothing and then really, by the day, it can change so much. I usually go look at my garden twice a day I have to pull weeds like everyday, even though I thought I pulled them all out before I started. Those are tough little suckers. I am feeling a little resentful of the bees as of late. Every time I try to go pull weeds or water, those stupid bees are everywhere! Ok, I really do like bees, they are cute and make yummy honey, but sometimes they are feisty and sting, and that part I do not like. Do bee's have a huge purpose for a garden?? Someone with a little more experience tell me so I can just relax about it. When I get my camera back, I will post some pics. It is quite the accomplishment, thank you very much:)

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

There you go- another lesson analogy for change... Why is my brain STILL thinking like that? Funny. I love gardens too. I can't wait to have one!!

The Johnson Journey said...

Okay, I love the baby pics of Ollie, and that you put them up a day before our little girl was born! I've been trying to get back to calling you, but I try to sleep. Nobody is here, my mom comes and takes Cash in the afternoons and helps me out a lot. It's been pretty peaceful. Thank you for sending out that e-mail! We love the Facer Fam!

Courtney said...

i love you for planting a garden. and as annoying as the bees are, you need them - they polinate the flowers which grow the vegetables - my garden last year was so exciting because i had all these little zucchini start to grow and then was so confused when they just shriveled up and died. that's when someone informed me that there aren't enough bees in reno or something gay like that, long story short no pollination zucchini didn't make it. so sad. apparently you can take a paint brush and physically do what the bees are suppossed to so your veggies will still grow but my thumb is not that green yet...