Tuesday, July 15, 2008

An afternoon on the river

Playing in the dirt is just the best.
Well I guess this is what "floating" the river currently means to us considering I have this massive fear of taking Oliver down it and having him fall out and drown. So this is my sanity I guess. Still relaxing, and we let Ryan go the rest of the way down all on his own.
What a natural. This is our exotic, jungle photo shoot. I need a little more pout in those lips.

Our two man raft, turned three.
Some snuggle time to warm up. So the water is painfully cold and I kid you not that Oliver was diving in head first. He is baby crazy about water. We had to save him a few times from plunging into the deep. He would play in the mud then take a dip, like full body, and then the same again. I can't even take him to the water park without getting a full body work out trying to chase him around and make sure he doesn't die. And guaranteed, at the end of the day he throws up chlorine because he thinks he can swim, thus drinking tons of water. A mom can only do so much:)
Laura Linny and I, ahhhh sisterly LOVE!
It's always a good time to contemplate life when moving water is near.


4 comments:

Magen said...

pretty sure my marianne days are over and i've come to terms with my willoughby. and thats why i now see myself as jane. becs i don't understand how i can be presnted with the most perfect opportunites and totally blow it. its all very comical. oliver is still the cutest thing! i love his hair! we need to talk! miss you tons xxx

aaron and meg facer said...

Mmmm...dirt

Courtney said...

i have the same fear of john plunging into the river. i feel better knowing you are just as psycho as me. by the way the sex of the baby is a surprise now - i've had 2 ultrasounds and they can't tell me what it is so we're doing it the old fashioned way :)

The Johnson Journey said...

you've done so many cute posts! i feel like i've dropped off the face of the earth. i love that ollie eats dirt and tries to kill himself w/ the water. you have such a cute family!!