Friday, July 25, 2008

Beautiful foods of the day


I have decided that my most favorite color palettes in the world are some tasty foods. Avocados definetely come in first, I almost feel guilty making guac out of them because they're just so pretty. But since freshly made guacamole is probably one of the best things in the world, I can make an exception. If anyone knows me, you know I LOVE watermelon. Watermelon has gorgeous colors, and is also one of the sweetest natural treats God gave us:) Peaches also are made up of the most beautiful colors. I wanted my wedding bouquet to look exactly like a bunch of peaches and it did! Doesn't it look like a good old fashioned Hawaiian sunset? And fresh basil is also one of my favs, not only cause it's so yummy, the color is so vibrant and alive. Don't you love summertime delights? If you haven't in a while, go out and get the goods for homemade guacamole, you won't be sorry. I like to make it with 3 avocados, 1 fresh tomato, 1/2 onion, 3 or 4 spoonfulls of fresh hot salsa (refrigerated section), and a squirt of lime. Just salt and pepper to taste. Treat yourself, you deserve it.

6 comments:

Wright Life said...

Yummy! I love all of those too! Remember when we ate an entire watermelon in one sitting. ahhhhh, wonderful!

Amanda said...

one of my favorite things about being in california right now are the yummy avocados! you just can't get them this good in idaho!

kelleyplus said...

Beautiful pictures. What a cute girl! mom

Russ and Loni Lamm said...

Okay, so your parenting tip this week totally took me back to a comm class I had on parenting my last semester in college. We learned all about the "I" language and repeating back what they had just been said in question form so that there is no miscommunication. A wonderful task the instructor made us do was that of learning how to become vulnerable. At times one needs to become vulnerable in a situation if any communication is going to occur. I can only imagine how well this would work for addicts. I envy your job right now. It seems as though you are loving it. Good for you!

andrea said...

I totally agree with everything you said, those are all my favorite foods too....especially guacamole and watermelon! They are beautiful...kiwi's too! It's amazing how beautiful food can be.

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

mmmm watermelon and avacado/guac...my FAVORITES!!! the produce just isn't the same here in virginia as it was in california though...we've been spoiled!