Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Worth a try

Standing in line.
I literally heard someone scream "I think I'm going to die!" Oh my.
The tryout booths. The rejects went out the left while the yellow paper kids went to the right.
Can you see Ryan?? He is wearing the blueish shirt.

So Ryan will not be the next American Idol...at least not this year:) It was quite the experience and basically yesterady was soooooo long. At one point, we were like, is this worth staying and trying out for. It was a little disastrous. We totally did not need to be there at 5am, but they told us we did. And then there was so much filming time doing different introductions, the audience was nuts at first and then we were all like, seriously, can we just get to the auditions? I got some video of everyone signing together, it was pretty funny. Ryan Seacrest showed up and I thought people were going to have a meltdown, especially the guy in front of us, oh man. Luckily we in the first half of the auditions, so we didn't have to be there all hours, though it still did take about 5 hours for Ryan to try out. It was fun though, seeing all these people so excited. Everyone was singing everywhere. I'll post a few pics of the process, it was quite interesting. The tryouts were on the floor usually with two judges and you were given about 30 seconds to sing as part of a group of four. If you were not picked your wrist band was cut off and you walked out of one door. The lucky got a yellow paper and were sent through another door. We were able to watch it all and I would guesstimate that out of every hundred people about 4 or 5 were sent to the next round, only to go on to two more auditions, before they even saw Randy, Paula, or Simon. It was tough. Everyone is the stadium clapped and screamed if anyone got a yellow paper, it was fun. So we had fun, but it was sad. I'll have to post a video of Ryan's audition pieces, they were sooo good. Such an injustice!!! Thanks for your encouragement guys, especially my family, you guys are so awesome.

5 comments:

Malerie said...

I'm impressed....family actually trying out for Idol! Of course Ryan could totally make it...they just weren't ready. Next year. So, not sure, becky did you give it a go? Anyway, I'm proud you guys went and stood in line forever waiting. Just awesome.

andrea said...

I am so proud of him for trying! I wonder how accurate that process really is, I bet a bunch of really great talent goes out the door. My friends sister tried out and didn't get through either, she is really good too. I miss you guys!!!

The Winsteads said...

Ridiculous. That's okay, because we know the truth of the matter. You have an amazing voice Ryan. Well, it was fun having you guys over and getting to participate in the preparations. We still gotta go down to the mall, guitars in hand, and make some money showing off that voice and talent of yours. We'll even have to come up with a clever name for ourselves.

Bean said...

I still think Regan needs to try out! Next year let's kidnap her and take her to the auditions, heck let's make a road trip out of it and head to tryouts in another state!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

that looks like fun! it's a good memory you'll have together! speaking of memories...sad that you remember one of my worst days ever! i bet it is a cute picture, though! :) i remember you making our ultimate love making cd's!! so lame that i never got mine back from allison! i also remember the chart for slipping on the ice(which i had the most marks on) and buying m&m's/ice cream! me buying WAY TOO MUCH ice cream! haha love you!