Saturday, May 17, 2008

Water works!

We finally mowed the grass today after a long winter's killing. Poor grass, but now it's finally emerging green and happy again. Ollie was a really great helper, being the project manager just like his dad. He sat on the raked piles just to make sure the wind didn't blow any strays and made sure quality work was being done. And of course we had to play in the sprinklers after cause it was HOT. He had the classic child gasps in cold water, one of my favorites. He's now doing "uh-oh", just randomly picked it up and now loves to mostly say "uh" without the oh everytime something falls. He officially has his yes...3rd ear infection, ahhh joy. So he's back on antibiotics which he's already been on twice. So if this one doesn't go away for real this time he has to go see a ent doctor and possibly get tubes, awesome. This poor kid, what would it be like to be well, for parents and child alike. Someday we'll know. I guess that's the price to pay for being around a million kids. It's sad cause I really do love my job, but having Ollie get sick constantly is just not fair. I think in the future, I will continue teaching the moms twice a week and leave childcare behind. Depending on our finances, I sort of have to work while Ryan's in school. It is nice to be in a preschool setting for Oliver because he gets to do so much and be in such a social setting. And I am with him like the whole time, so really it's awesome. And honestly, I think we'd get pretty bored without something to do half the day. Even though some days, I am so wiped out from work that I don't want to tackle anything else. But yeah, if you're ever considering day-care, don't. Unless you're willing to deal with a sick kid all the time, it just sucks. Ollie for sure should have been a second child, he just LOVES to watch the big kids and follow them around everywhere, very cute. So there's good and bad I guess, but for now, it works. Ryan is working and going to school so things here have been crazy for everybody!!! My sister Laura moved in for the summer which is so awesome. She is so much fun to be around and a huge help with Oliver. So life is beautiful, as always, and we have a lot to be thankful for. And my sister Annie is getting married this next weekend so that will be great! And I get to see my family, which like always is wonderful. They are so fun! Hope you are all well too, and enjoying the warmth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny. I love that little boy! I'm excited to see you guys in a few more days. You can see the baby bump too=). Steve and I will be heading down to P-town Monday for the best that Provo offers, hair styling and Shade shirts. See you soon!!

The Cooks said...

That was too cute! Bets i need to meet him! Let's play! Call me this week, we aren't doing much! And then school is out in 2 weeks and I have a whole week break.. I want you to see our engagements, they are all on line. Call me! LOVE AND MISS YOU/ We had awesome times in Idaho, my house, the lodge, the cabin.:)

andrea said...

I am so excited to see you too! That sounds good, I was wanting to go to her bridal shower anyway! Is it ok with Regan? I wish she would go too! My flight gets in at 10:15am so that would work out good. I can't wait to see you all! Call me and we'll talk more.

kelleyplus said...

I love the little body shivers and the hesitation. What a brave boy to just go for it!!! Can't wait to kiss that little face again. See you soon. Love, mom