Friday, May 9, 2008

Let's all take a deep breath

I am watching the news and today David Archuletta returns to Utah. This has been something that has been talked about for the past month, and everywhere I go, someone is talking about it. Let's talk about the hysteria today. They just said that today was deemed "David Archuletta Day" and there was also a street named after him. Wow. From the beginning I said that he had the best voice, even though he is very one sided and has absoultely no edge. As far as the last 3, Syesha is next to go, the other David is great but a little white trash for me (ie Nickleback sounding), and David who appeals to a wider audience. So I do think he'll win. It's just so funny that anywhere else, I'm pretty sure everyone would be like cool, nice job, but here, it is absolute OBSESSION. So I'm probably being polarized because I did love him at first and now I find myself so irritated by the craziness. So hopefully it will calm and my love for David can come back, because really it's not his fault. And hopefully the news here will learn how to make their air time a little more productive, my goodness.

5 comments:

The Johnson Journey said...

That's pretty insane. Poor kid. He seems so humble too.. he probably never wanted suff like that. Leave him alone already! I bet kids at school teased him until he was on this show. You know?

The Johnson Journey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

when all you have to report on are petty theft and the occasional snow storm in May David Archaletta is a welcomed deterrent - i guess. Either way UT is known for the obsessions ie cafe rio, ratting hair and nasty highlights. the reasons why we love it/hate it ;) love you!

Unknown said...

I can only imagine the hysteria right now. P.S. I don't think anyone can hate Nickelback as much as me. Just ask Steve-o.

kelleyplus said...

David Cook is my favorite. Jamie and I want to go see the show! Mom