Thursday, September 17, 2009

In case you haven't noticed...

Halloween is coming! If you know me, you know that I LOVE Halloween. Maybe it was my uncanny love of candy as a kid, or the fact that my birthday is around then, or that Fall is my most favorite season, or that the holiday has no real significance other than total fun and pretending which I just happen to love. Either way, it may be a little early for some to bust out decorations and such, but not in this family. I am all about embracing holidays, even if that means they come early. Doesn't that also mean they last longer? I am all for that. So anyways, Ollie and I decided to have an ultimate craft day which consisted of building and painting a wooden boat ($1 at Michael's for the kit), making "I'm the big brother"shirts, and most importantly painting and hanging Halloween decorations. By the way, my son is a total artist. He is so careful when he paints and wants it to look just right. When he was painting his boat earlier my mom got out the video camera to document just how hysterical it was to watch him concentrate. He's got some major art skills from both sides of the family, although Ryan and I individually cannot take any credit for that:)

1 comment:

Darcey said...

aw, SO fun! i love how he's painting nearly naked :)

halloween is my favorite too... i put up our decorations september 1st..scott thinks i'm crazy..