Sunday, September 27, 2009

Family time

Oliver is quite the swimmer these days. It's so funny to watch because he has this huge smile on his face the whole time he's making his way over to you under the water. He is still totally reckless and has absolutely no fear but he is basically there. I still wouldn't trust him by himself. If we had a pool he would be a pro by now.

Katherine is such a little firecracker. She is still so little it's hard to believe she's walking around and that she's 18 months old. My littlest sister Chelsea had her 19th birthday party and we had everyone there to celebrate. It is bizarre to think that Chelsea isn't still 4 years old with an english accent. Carson, Leah, and Steve had fun in the pool. Steve went home and Leah and Carson have been here hanging around waiting for the baby to come. We're totally reliving when I went to see Leah have Carson and I missed it by a day. Hopefully that won't happen!

Oliver LOVES his cousin Noelle. They got to hang out on Monday and share popscicles together. We used to live so close to the Winstead's when we were in Utah and it's sad to be so far apart now. We know they'll make it over to California eventually.
Here are a few pictures from over the weekend for Laura's farewell that I wanted to post before the baby comes. My whole family flew in for the event which was so fun. Regan and Pete came a day later to say their farewells and then Laura was off the next day. It was so fun to be apart of sending Laura off and seeing how prepared she was to go. I'm going to miss having my friend around a lot but it's so nice to hear from a missionary and fun to write letters. I am totally envious of her.
As far as this little girl goes, we've decided she's never coming out. Ryan and I were saying it's like the anticipation of Christmas and when the day passes it's just over. So now that the due date has come and gone, it's almost like it's over now. I guess besides the fact that I still have this huge baby belly in the way:) I went to the Dr. to get my fluid checked and make sure my placenta is in good enough shape to go past due. Basically she told me that I have more than enough fluid and that she rarely see's a placenta is such good shape. So I said, "what you're telling me is she could live in there another month" and she was like "yeah, probably, but she won't". Ryan thinks we should go for some sort of record. Being only 3 days over I would think we have a lot further to go to get a record and I'm not too crazy about that idea. It is crazy how different this has been than with Oliver. Ollie was five days early, I had lots of pre-labor, and things went super fast. This baby is not in any hurry to get out. Maybe she'll just be a very laid back, easy going girl. I would be OK with that. I have another appt. tomorrow and if I get the ok from the Doctor, I'm planning on an induction on Thursday if she's still not here. I think a week past is all I'm willing to give so hopefully that will be enough cause I really don't want to be induced. Wish us luck and I will update as soon as there is some action on this end.

2 comments:

Bean said...

I've been checking every day for an update, so I'm so happy to see this!
And if you get up getting induced, it is GREAT!!! I did with Jules and absolutely loved it. Best of luck and keep us all updated with any news!

The McLane Blog Page: said...

good luck!!!!