Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pregnancy entry #1

So I feel the need to do a little journaling about this pregnancy considering I really suck at actual journaling, hence the blog. I am about 16 weeks and still haven't felt much in the way of kicking. I remember with Ollie, I felt him exactly at 14 weeks because I was writing in a pregnancy journal and he moved just then, and I wrote about it. It's funny getting pregnant again cause first off you sort of forget what it's like, and second off, you only know from the first how it was. So this one is a lot different to me. With Ollie I would get flashes of sickness that would usually go away after laying down or throwing up, and definitely it all went away for the most part by 14 weeks. With this little one, it is a little more looming, like it never quite goes away. My energy level is seriously like 0 which is really sad for me because I have this energetic little two year old who needs a lot of it. And I feel almost this fog like I can't really feel like myself, it's really weird. And if you know me, I love pregnancy and everything that comes with it...so I'm trying to still enjoy every minute of it, but I have caught myself a few times thinking that it would be nice if I could just skip the next 5 months. And I had good energy with Oliver's pregnancy. I was working at a pretty stressful job the whole time and loved it. I cannot imagine doing anything like that this time around. If I can get out of bed and shower and accomplish a few things in the day, that is a good day:) Something that I've really missed is getting to the gym. I do not advocate working out during pregnancy, but staying active is huge. Yoga especially was my goal this time around but after a few classes that ended with me running out and throwing up, it just wasn't going to work. I HOPE that it will go away soon so I can get back. If anyone has ever experienced motion sickness, it's very much like that, and it just sticks to you. I was at the park with Ollie the other day and was pushing him on the swing, and just watching him swing, the motion of it, totally made me throw up. I felt bad for the moms and kids there. Hey, at least they've been there. And the thing is, it feels like it's getting progressively worse, is that possible? During the first few months in California, I felt pretty great. Then the plane ride home, I threw up twice, and I think ever since that, it's just been going downhill a little. Has this ever happened to anyone? I really don't want to take meds, especially if it's going to go away soon. Isn't it nice that a baby is so worth it? That's what you have to remind yourself. Oh we find out the sex at the end of the month so I'll have to put up a poll to see what everyone thinks. Ollie and Ry have been so sweet to me, I love those boys more than anything in life.

3 comments:

Jennica said...

First of all, I love the entry idea. And Jenson was like that, what you described as being in a fog and a sickness that does not go away, mine was very mild the whole 1st trimester. I never really got morning sickness or threw up I just felt sort icky the whole time, oh I had lots of stomach cramping that was also mild. You are definitely right about it being worth though. Anyway thanks for supporting my parenting blog (behaviorbasics.blogspot.com) I spend hours messing around with the blog and answering your question about potty training. Potty training is one of those topics that don't really have a simple explanation for--you'll see. Let me know if you have additional questions--I love it!

monica said...

I completely understand what you're going through. I'm 21 weeks and still have days I am not at 100%, whether it be energy-wise or being sick. My other two pregnancies were so much better. The sickness never carried into my 2nd trimester, and my energy never lagged. Isn't it funny how different kids can be, even in the womb? But you're right, these little guys are so worth it.

Matt and Piper said...

I was totally the same way with my second. Turns out it was the opposite sex. I kinda figured that out when I never threw up with Eli and I threw up about every day until 24 weeks with Peyton. I never felt sick, food just wouldn't stay down.