Friday, January 30, 2009

Exploring the Bean Museum

This week for playgroup, we went to this little museum on campus. It was reptile day, so Ollie got to learn about turtles, snakes, lizards, all that good stuff. Actually Oliver could not sit still for 2 seconds during the presentation but took full advantage of the room to run.

The second his little finger got too close he was not at all down with touching the snake, even after I called it "puppy" hoping to coax him into holding it. Smart kid.
This is one cute face.
Call me crazy but I was slightly disturbed by all these heads and bodies. I mean really, they were covering the walls upstairs. Considering my extreme dislike for hunting, and all these being donated by proud hunters I'm sure, this was not my favorite thing in the world. This actually was very pretty.
Ollie laughing at the fellow crazed children in the museum.
Ah the facts of life. There were so many depictions of killing, I was getting a little worried for poor Ols.

When he saw that last one, he just said "Oh no!" And then made this face, and then went about his business of bounding cheerily throughout the museum. Oh my gosh, that is the most perfect word for him...bounding, new favorite.

5 comments:

Jen R. said...

awww, that sounds like a fun playgroup. I wish we could have come! No play group here :( I'll have to start one.

Lant Family said...

Oh the bean museum! We spent many to hot or to cold days there. And Lucy just ran around. Cute pictures! We saw SLC on American Idol this week and thought of Ryan :)

Wright Life said...

what a fun play group! I would be a little disturbed too in the room full of deer heads/bodies. Just looking at the picutre I felt like they were going to start running after me. eeks! And I love that you called the snake a puppy. So Funny!

Unknown said...

Oh the Bean Museum. How random. I took my students there on a field trip once.

The Cooks said...

OH the picture of the butterflies made me cringe in my seat! You do remember my fear right? Well give me a call when you get back! Can't wait to see you