Sunday, June 13, 2010

Today was a good day

We started off our Sunday morning with a walk here...
Then of course we were off to church for the afternoon. I gave a talk that actually went pretty well which for me is a huge relief. My talk was on taking full advantage of the time you're given in this life. When I find myself in a complaining sort of mood, it probably just means I need to be a little more grateful and use my time a little more wisely.

I don't think we could love our ward anymore than we do. It really is pretty amazing when you realize that you are just where you're supposed to be, with the people you're supposed to be.

Oliver brought home a little box with his picture on it for Ryan that said "Chip off the old block". So darling.

Then we drove down this canyon to get to the beach. Hands down one of the most beautiful drives down to the beach is through Laguna Canyon. Here are a few snapshots of the scenery.



Then we headed here for some weekly therapy, as Ryan and I like to call it. Can listening to the oceans waves really be considered therapy? The answer is yes.



Amelie is sporting her two bottom teeth with pride and using it in her favor to get as much sand as possible into her mouth. She is currently getting both her top teeth as well. And I know it doesn't look like it, but her sand eating is slowing down a bit.


Then we saw this sad scene. It was hard to leave not knowing what would happen. I'll have to check into the situation to see if he ever made it back in the water. I sure hope so.
They had the whole area around him blocked off so he would not be disturbed. I heard a guy saying that sometimes when animals are sick, they will rest as long as they can to get a better chance of survival. The tide was coming up so maybe he was taking a power nap before he had to go back out. He seemed to be basking in the sunshine and throwing sand all over himself. He was seriously so cute.


Then we got home, put those kiddles to bed, and enjoyed some peace and quiet, and maybe ice cream and oreo cookies.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

it rained all weekend and was in the 60's... i wish we were there with you!

Lindsay said...

Your pictures are lookiing AWESOME!!!

aaron and meg facer said...

What a great Sunday! Sounds like your talk had a great message -- using time more wisely is a great way to stop complaining but not one that most people would think of off the bat.

andrea said...

Amazing day....ohhh I just love it. So happy that you are happy!