Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It was Father's Day

There are about a million reasons why Ryan is amazing, being a father is one of them. To avoid making this a post about how pretty much perfect my husband is and getting slightly cheesy, I'll just tell him myself. But for the record, he really is the best.
Ryan and I are both lucky enough that our parents not only live in the same town, but that they are an easy drive from us. It is so special to see them often and show them how much we love them.
My Dad is pretty wonderful. He is such an easy person to be around. He is always really happy and funny. He loves his growing family and I know he's the happiest when we're all together. We often joke that if he could just buy up a street of homes, maybe everyone will move here. And you know, if he could, he would do it.
My Dad is constantly calling and asking when he'll get his "Ami fix".
My Dad is constantly on the move, ready to pursue the next adventure. He is a total dreamer and is very creative. He's always looking for ways to make everyone around him happy. I'm pretty certain that Ryan has become the great Dad he is from the example of his father. I remember thinking when we had Oliver and brought him to the Facer's that it seemed like they never forgot how to be parents. Burnett has a very tender, loving way with his grand kids that I know they'll grow up and admire.
He can also be lots of fun.
Everyone say "Father's Day!"
Another thing I've noticed about Burnett is that he is a great teacher. If Ollie doesn't get something, he tells him how it works and shows him how to do it.
Here is a cute as can be future father. Can you tell he's going to do a great job? Ladies, I know him, I'll put a good word in for you.

Gotta do a shout out to Jeff who is now officially no longer in high school, what-what! And already so much attitude:)
Amelie and her look-a-like Dad. Ryan was such a darling little guy I almost can't imagine the thought of that cuteness in the form of a toddling little girl. I can't wait.

Father's Day 2010!

5 comments:

Sara said...

could Ryan look any more like his Dad...i think not! You gotta love men who magnify their callings as fathers!

Lant Family said...

cute family pic and I love your blue dress!

kelleyplus said...

How do you always get such amazing pictures?

andrea said...

Love all the pictures...Ryan and your cute dad! Great guys all around :) I miss you so so much.

aaron and meg facer said...

I love all of the pictures! You're really getting to be quite a talented photographer. And I completely agree about the things you said about Burnett. Isn't it great his sons took after him?!