Sunday, June 27, 2010

It's official...

I'm A Doula!
If you want to know exactly what this means, check it out here. There are still a few more steps to be completely certified through DONA but I can actually practice as a Doula, just not certified, for now. Wow, I have so many ideas running through my head. My mind is full of babies, birth, support, massage, labor, music, movement, pressure, planning, listening, preparation, love, mothering, giving, receiving. At one point, a midwife came in to talk to us as a guest speaker and she told us how she feels about what she does. She talked about the pressure and struggle of labor for the mother and this intensity in the room that exists and builds. Then all of the sudden...that baby is here, and this stillness sweeps over the room, like angels are handing it over. The whole room was in tears, including the midwife, and I thought to myself, these are my people.

9 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm gonna get pregnant just so you can be my doula!

The Johnson Journey said...

First off, congrats. Second, Happy Birthday, Ryan! Third, I'm loving all your posts. You do a fabulous job Becks! Teach me? :)

The Cooks said...

Come her and be my DOULA! Congrats beck that is awesome. And no baby, I went in today and he thinks with in the next week or 2. So we'll see. I know I shouldn't have surfed, i'm just little stubborn and try to do anything I can to feel normal. I thought you would be proud of my belly swimsuit pic :). I will keep you posted Molly Jane should be here soon!

kelleyplus said...

OOOOHHHH!!!

kelleyplus said...

Becky, you are so amazing. I am so proud of you and will help all I can.
MOM

Aaron and Meg said...

Congrats!

Amanda said...

I am so excited for you! We will have to chat all about it soon! This makes me so excited for my training to start, but its not till the end of September, boo! Oh, so plan on coming and being my doula.. not for like 3 years though.. good plan. :) Love you!

Melissa (Murdoch) McKinley said...

congratulations becky!! this is so your calling... i will never forget coming home to you and TLC "baby story" every afternoon at nauvoo house. :)

Darcey said...

congratulations! this is seriously one of your many callings in life. you're awesome :)