Friday, February 27, 2009

Update on Hawaii

As I've said before, Ryan is in Hawaii right now at a construction competition, specifically the ABC competition. 20 teams go there is groups about 4-5 people and compete by representing themselves as if they were building a specified project from the ground up, organizing all that needs to be done succesfully. It is actually a real project in the works right now this year so it'll be interesting to see what all the teams come up with. So yesterday after a day of bidding with sub-contractors, they had to turn in a huge load of work that would detirmine the top 5 teams that would be able to present. So keep in mind that all 20 teams go there hoping to present this info they've put together over the last month, and then only 5 are actually chosen to present, today. Yesterday they posted the list with the top 5 groups and BYU was on it! It was a relief considering how much work they've put into this and now they get a chance to prove it. And out of the top 5, BYU was the only returning team. So they present today and find out who wins tomorrow. So everyone say a little prayer today that they do well. I will keep everyone updated as we find out more. This is all really important because if they do win, Ryan will have an even greater chance of recieving a job offer, maybe even in Hawaii, and in this economy, we will take all the help we can get to be noticed. Today Ollie and I are off to Arizona to visit some best friends, cousins, and grandparents and we are excited! I will try to post as often as I hear anything, I know you're all on the edge of your seats, as I am!

9 comments:

The McLane Blog Page: said...

GOOD LUCK RYAN!!!

Becky I'm sorry we missed you in California! Have fun in Arizona and let me know when you get back up to Provo and we will hang out!

Jen R. said...

Uh, ok I guess I missed the last few posts. Congrats on baby #2! I haven't come out to the masses yet (just our immediate family know so far) but I am too! I'm about 9 weeks. yay for babies!

RachelBarker said...

Can I have your little oliver. j/k. But seriously is adorable!!!!!! I can't wait to see what a little girl would look like even though you don't know hat your having. Anyways, I hope everything goes well with your husband. I'm going to check in to see what happens. :)

Anonymous said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali *gvgjvj

andrea said...

We'll be praying for him! Sounds exciting, if you move to Hawaii I am so visiting you there! Can't wait to see you!

Matt and Piper said...

Where in AZ are you coming? I really want to meet Ollie. If' you're close we would love to see you.
Good Luck Ryan. I know you'll do great.

Jamie Lynn said...

Thats so exciting, can't wait to hear how it goes..

And CONGRAtS on baby #2.. We are so happy for you!

Darcey said...

omigosh, good luck! we're praying for you guys!

monica said...

Hope Ryan did well! How fun to compete in Hawaii. I'm sure Tim wishes they had that chance when he was still in school.

And congrats on baby #2! How fun for you guys and Oliver. When are you due?