Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Knott's Berry Farm

Today my mom took us to Knott's Berry Farm, and this being Ollie's first time, it was quite the memorable experience. Oliver went on every ride he was allowed to and although sometimes seeming a little panicked, never had a melt down or wimped out. Scratch that, he refused to go on a plane ride by himself, he's not even 2 yet, give the kid a break! Grandma got him a Snoopy stuffed animal which he loved and a huge sucker which he loved even more. The place was totally empty so there was no waiting and no crowds. It was a perfect day. Even off a half hour nap, he was unphased, totally on a high from all the action. He even went on the log ride! I accompanied him although two boxes highlighted back problems and a growing fetus, check check. But really, the log ride...piece of cake. The large drop in the end may have been a little much for the lad because I'm pretty sure he didn't breath again till we got off. He loved it though. And he LOVED watching the huge roller coasters and watching his Aunt Chelsea go on a few. When she came off them, it was like, "Wow Chelsea, you're my hero, you survived!". SO funny. I'm pretty sure he'll be the crazy boy who will go on anything, no doubt. All in all, it was a wonderful day and full of memories. We went to Knott's often as kids because my mom grew up as a little girl just around the corner. I have some great memories from there. These are Chelsea's pictures but I took some also, just haven't gotten them on here yet so I might post a few more cute ones later.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Who wouldn't love a sucker as big as your head???

Unknown said...

How fun. I wish I was there for it! We'll give Carson a few more years first.