Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A bit of an announcement...


The materials...


What we did with the box they came in...


What Amelie thought of it all...

So if you know me, it probably doesn't come much as a surprise, but say hello to your Doula in training. Books bought, classes signed up (almost), and excitement through the roof. So meet your future Doula, world, if you so desire. And if you don't, that's cool too. We Doula's are totally accommodating. It's part of the business. For someone who's been watching "A Baby Story" since she was ten, I must say this is kind of a dream come true. And as an aspiring Labor and Delivery Nurse, this is another stepping stone to that dream as well. And I promise I will be an awesome Doula, not one of those crazy hippy ones that scare everyone just a little. I am SO excited. Ps, as part of my training, I need to attend 3 births. So if you'd like someone at your beckon call free of charge, you just let me know.

14 comments:

Magen said...

becky that is so cool! one day you can totally be my doula. I guess that means we'll have to live closer to each other, I'll work on that.

The Johnson Journey said...

You could be my doula as well for the next! :) You'll just have to fly up here.

Katie said...

Did you know that Jennifer is a labor and delivery nurse at Duke Hospital in North Carolina? She loves it and has some pretty crazy stories some times. You should talk to her some time and she could guide you down the right path. Good luck with being a doula...that's awesome and I'm glad you're fulfilling a dream.

Jen R. said...

Now I'm mad that I already had the baby! You are toatlly someone that makes people feel comfortable. you'll be amazing. and if you want to come to missouri for my next baby in an undecided amount of years...you're hired!

Unknown said...

I'm so excited. I'd love a doula at my next birth, and you would be icing on the cake! You'd have to not fly home the day I go into labor this time though!

Sara said...

Oh my word. Sign me up. How do you feel about water birth, you know Matthew in a child's swimming pool with a snorkel mask checking how I'm progressing. I AM THRILLED FOR YOU. You are perfect for this. You should call Jessie, she's due in June and i'm sure would love some advice!

annieq84 said...

I can't believe I just missed having you! We should have thrown you on a plane with mom! Especially since my epidural totally didn't work. I've got to get you for the next one for sure.

Darcey said...

this is the coolest news ever - you'll be an awesome doula...can you fly to GA in the next couple weeks?

:)

Aaron and Meg said...

Oh why can't you be in South Africa right now...! You'll be a great doula!

Brooke said...

k when i have a baby you're TOTALLY gonna be my doula!!! booya becks. ok seriously you would have come anyways, but now you'll be a know it all :) love it - now find me a life long dream that makes money please

Brian said...

i told you that you could come to my birth!! i wish you could have been there. unfortunately, considering i just had a baby 3 days ago i probably wont be birthing for a long time- but i am expecting you there at the next one anyway haha. :) love you!

Brian said...

this is amanda obviously. :)

Amanda said...

♠This is the cutest picture of Amelie! U can;t wait to have her back.

Malerie said...

adorable pics of the kiddos!

um, k, fly to Texas this fall and you can be there for baby # 2