Monday, August 17, 2009

La Playa




Living near the beach is just something you can't get away from if you've grown up with it. Ryan and I have often said that we almost wish (but not really) that we didn't grow up by it so we wouldn't need it as much. In California it is expensive, but in California by the beach, it is almost painful. But what's been done has been done and we will hit our beach destination at some point. I've had some incredible days at the beach so far this summer. I have to admit that back in high school one of my favorite things to do was to go to the beach all be myself and listen to music and bask in the warm sun. Once I hit 18 I signed myself out at least once a week to go to the beach (Oliver, mom was very irresponsible and you will know better, right?:) It has been fun going to the beach with Ollie now and my baby girl who is so conveniently located in the best SPF protection zone there is. I can't wait to take her for the first time. You've got to get it in their blood early on you see, then the love never dies. Although trekking down to the beach is becoming an obstacle, we will be there as often as possible. Hey, maybe I'll even go into labor at the beach. That would be a good omen. That is until I hit the traffic through LA on the way back. That part would NOT be so much fun:)

1 comment:

Princess Di said...

How fun! Oliver is so cute! Hope you're feeling well!