Sunday, May 17, 2009

21 weeks

Ahhhhh, at this point of pregnancy I am so grateful first off to feel A LOT better. I think looking back it was worst than I thought at the time. It's probably not a good sign to NOT want to get out of bed in the morning or really function at all throughout the day. That is very unlike me. So I am sure glad that is over and I'm feeling more like myself. I wonder if it's true that boy and girl pregnancies are way different, this one sure has been. I am also immensely grateful that it is warm and sunny outside. With a two year old, this is like a must. I do not know how people survive winters here with little kids, well without totally losing it. Speaking of the warmth, I am slowly packing and getting really excited for our move. We also get to go see Austin come home at the end of the month. Crazy that it's already been 2 years, wow. When he left Ollie was a newborn and now he returns to a full blown toddler with attitude to match. Oliver will love another "big boy" to adore.

I have already had a few people ask me when am I due and then when I respond end of September, they are like, wow you still have a ways to go. Come on people, I don't look THAT big yet, give the pregnant girl a break! But it's actually fun, to look pregnant instead of just really chubby, so it's ok. I'm always happy when my belly gets past my chest, a real milestone.

For the first time this week I have been totally sure that I can feel this baby girl, and now it is more and more frequent. It is so fun to feel those first kicks. It's like this little piece of reality for me because just knowing I'm pregnant doesn't really make it real, for some reason. I like having that connection with her. Knowing that when I'm singing in the car with Ollie, she can hear us. And when I laugh all day at Oliver, she's wondering what is so funny and is enjoying the belly ride.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you are feeling better. Love the belly shot. Keep them coming!

Brent and Nicole said...

You are so beautiful Becky! We will miss you guys when you leave. Glad everything is going better for you!

Unknown said...

You look awesome Becks! I am so excited for you, and especially excited that you are moving home soon! Can't wait to see you and catch up soon! xoxo

kelleyplus said...

Be glad people are asking when, it means you are all belly instead of just fat!
Kiss my big boy's toe for me poor baby!

Tiffany said...

You look so cute! I also want to let you know that when I was pregnant with Jace I was showing way early. I felt like I had to be further along than they thought, but I wasn't. You look great, you do pregnancy very well.