Monday, February 25, 2008

Update on the sick one

So last night was hell. Oliver had a really bad fever and was up crying pretty much all night. This poor child, could he get any sicker? So I took him in this morning as soon as I could to get him checked out. Well turns out that the severe ear infection he had about a month ago never really went away. You know what would be nice...if after the doctor prescribes something for let's say an ear infection, they were like make sure you come back in 4 days to make sure the antibiotics kicked it. So this poor kid has been just dealing with a ear infection, thanks doc. So the constant diarrhea is being tested with a stool sample and I guess it will come back by Friday. They're also taking blood to see what comes up. He looked at his throat and it is covered with white who knows what and it very red and swollen. So he tested for strep and thankfully that was negative. But he still has no idea what is going on. He said it could be something pretty serious or no big deal. I know doctors are amazing and pretty much I think it's the most noble profession, but somtimes it feels as if they're guessing as much a we are, and hey I didn't go to medical school, you did. So I'll take him in to get tested at the lab today and all will be revealed in a couple days. Until then, wish us luck.

6 comments:

Cronin Family said...

oh my gosh!!! Your poor little guy! He must be miserable. The same thing happened with Carson with the ear infection never really going away. So now if he gets one I ALWAYS take him back in two weeks later to make sure that it is gone. Hope he feels better soon and that it is nothing serious.

andrea said...

I'm so sorry! I hope everything comes back normal and it just goes away soon! Poor little guy :(

monica said...

Poor Ollie! When it rains, it pours! I can't believe how much he is going through. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

::jill:: said...

our little ollie. we will pray for him. hang in there. miss you all. :)

The Johnson Journey said...

I'm sorry Becks. That's very troublsome. It sucks that the doctors can't really put you at ease either. They give themselves WAY too much wiggle room. Everything will be fine... keep us updated though! Love you.

Misti said...

Hey Becky, thanks for the comment, you little guy is too cute! I left you a comment a few days ago, also. I am sick about Oliver. My little boy Easton, is two now, he had the same problem, his ear infections would never go away, even when we went back. I always knew he had one because he had constant diarrhea until it was gone. He finally had to get tubes, but I think if you can clear this one up completely and he doesn't get anymore he should be fine. But I feel for you, Easton was a nightmare when he was sick. Good luck!