Sunday, February 24, 2008

I MUST vent...

So the awards were tonight and basically I am so sad that first of all, Lars and the Real Girl was only nominated for best original screenplay. So secondly, they didn't get it. Ummm, Juno got it which don't get me wrong, I loved Juno. But let's be honest, how "original" is it to write a movie about a teen pregnancy, seriously I could have written it. And honestly, I thought the dialogue was so strange, who really talks like that? On the other hand, what could be more original than Lars. Ryan and I both ADORED this movie, and I am sad it is not getting the appreciation it deserves, the end.

3 comments:

Magen said...

i totally know what you mean...i esp hate when one dumb film wins everything. i was just really happy that the marion cotillard won best act for la vie en rose...she totally deserved it-that was not an easy character to remake. i was a bit dissappointed in jon stewart i didn't think he was that funny...i was expecting lots of political jokes but they didnt reall happen.

Jamie Lynn said...

The best thing about Juno was Ellen Page, not the screenplay. I felt like I was watching Gilmore Girls with the dialogue. We will have to see Lars and the Real Girl. I love Ryan Gosling - and not just because of the Notebook (guilty pleasure alert)

The Winsteads said...

Oh the Oscars. The passion of Becky comes out equally well in writing as it does in a visual/auditory delivery. That's what I love about movies, they really do affect us. It's not just escapism in some cases. Lars was a great movie, and it's sad that it didn't get more attention. I was pretty satisfied this year though with No Country winning Best Picture, and DDL winning Best Actor. He's amazing.