Sunday, February 17, 2008

Question?

Has anyone's kids ever had Rotavirus?? Well, that's at least what I think Ollie has. He has had constant diarrhea for the past 5 days, and this is not normal stuff. It's really runny and it pretty much leaks out of whatever diaper I put on him and gets to every outfit. It happens about 7-10 times a day, not always severe but usually pretty bad. And he's been throwing up, not constant, probably like 5 times over the past week. And just today he is unbearable, like cannot be entertained or made happy at all. His is a very sad baby, it breaks my heart. So when I went online to do a little research that's what I came up with. It's most likely something he got from my work, of course, cause every week we are sick with something new, ridiculous. So my constant thing is do I go to the doctor? Cause everytime it seems I've gone to the doctor they are useless, they never tell me anything other than what I already know. He's not dehydrated, I think that's the main concern but still, this isn't normal. Any help? And actually, I should add the ONLY thing that makes him remotely content is baby einstein, this is a mom's dream product I tell ya!

5 comments:

The Johnson Journey said...

Can you just call your pediatrician and ask them about it? Tell them that he's not dehydrated, etc... they may want to see him. Poor kid... I'm sorry Becks!

andrea said...

My friends baby had something like this for weeks...she finally got some tests done and they think he has Celiac disease which is basically a scary name for an allergy to wheat and barley. It's probably just the flu but here's a link to some info.... http://www.drgreene.com/21_1043.html hopefully the little guy feels better soon! Thats no fun for anyone :(

Unknown said...

I think you need to go to the doc.

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

So I just called today and the nurse said that it's probably something going around and to give him pedialyte which I already went out and bought. She said it could last up to 2 weeks, are you serious!? Why do I feel like there is a new sickness in the house every week? I'm SO OVER living in the cold.

andrea said...

I feel your pain, I hate when the kids are sick! I am starting to feel the same about living in the cold...but it's sure worth it living here in the spring, summer and fall! But you have Cali to compare to, which is perfect all the time!!! Hope Oliver feels better soon...sorry if my post freaked you out, it was just weird since my friend had just talked to me and said the same thing!