Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Break

Our Thanksgiving break was so great! We had so much fun with our families and mostly eating lots of good food. We got to go down for a whole week but both Ryan and I felt like it was the fastest week ever, too bad:(


Let's just make a point here to say that this was YESTERDAY, yes that's right, yesterday. It's hard to believe cause it is like 30 degrees out now. It was the best way ever to end our vacation, and Ollie found his new love, eating sand.

My sister Leah and Oliver enjoying a little dip in the hot tub. Since my family is so big and our current house is so small, my parents actually go to a hotel while we're all there so there's room for everyone. The hot tub is one of the greatest benefits to this ritual.

Both our families went CRAZY over Ollie, he is SOOOO loved. Plus, let's be honest, he is totally adorable and so much fun. I was surprised cause he seems like he's getting into that seperation anxiety phase, but he went to everyone and loved it.

Ryan and I LOVE hot tubs, especially when they're like 102 or above, any less than that, it feels luke warm. It was an especially wonderful hot tub night cause there was a little breeze and some fog, that's the best. Oliver and Noelle both love to be in the water splashing. Ollie thinks he can swim already. He almost jumps out of your arms, as if he could swim a few laps. My parents taught us early on so we were all good swimmers by two or three. Ollie will most likely be a water baby as well.



Laura and I at Universal Studios, on the Backlot tour. It was the coolest part of going there. There were these little towns that were made to look like New York and Mexico, so cute. They had the original set from Psycho, Bate's Motel. And for those who watch Desperate Housewives, we drove down Wysteria Lane (is that what its called?) We also drove past the closed studio sets of so many shows, the Office, CSI, Heroes, it was cool.








Ryan and I on the Queen Mary.









I literally could not put this kid on the ground at the beach because he demanded to eat sand. Finally I just said, well, let him and he'll figure it out and probably stop, cause it really won't taste that good in a while. Wrong. Oliver just say no!!! It was hilarious nevertheless. Come to find that both Ryan and I were huge sand eaters, and hey, we turned out wonderful! At least he got a generous helping of minerals, good for his bones. And don't worry his poops today had quite a bit of sand in them, yummy.

7 comments:

Landvatter Family said...

HA I am so glad you found me. I was so mad bc after Hawaii I seriously called you so many times and I never heard back from you! I miss my work out partner!! haha K you have the cutest dang family! I can't believe how fast time goes by! I am so glad you have a blog! You look great!!

aaron and meg facer said...

Way cute! I'm totally jealous that you got to go home for the holiday. Oliver is so big! We can't wait to see him again! By the way, love his beach clothes!

Lindsay said...

HAhahhahahahHa! I watched this movie like 10 times and made Taylor watch it a bunch too. After he had already saw it multiple times, I played it again and said, "Just watch it one more time"...! The whole thing is awesome. The handfuls of sand, hitting the camera with his head....What a DOLL! I love it! (Oh, and your sister looks exactly like you!)

Unknown said...

Becks, my "twiner" I love the promptness of the Thanksgiving update. You are putting me to shame! The video is great. I'm so glad you got that on camera-it was so funny. Thanksgiving was a blast. Thank you for having such an adorable baby that we could all love and enjoy!

andrea said...

Oliver is so adorable! That kid can pack in the sand :) Too funny! I definitely agree about the hot tubs being scorching hot....if not I'll be cold after a minute or two. It reminds me of the good times at The Pointe :)

Heather said...

Hi Facers! This is Heather Norton. Good to see what you're all up to! I didn't know you were friends with Hawli! She's so great!

monica said...

I love the beach. How fun you guys got to go home to CA for the holiday. Tim was just offered a job with a company in Irvine. So we could be headed out there after graduation. I'm actually a little more excited than I expected I would be. Oliver just gets cuter and cuter. I love those cheeks.