Saturday, December 1, 2007

First Snowfall

It finally snowed today! We woke up this morning to a yard full of delicious snow to play in and explore. So this is Olivers first real experience with snow. It snowed after he was born but he was a little out of it in those days.
Aaron and Meg gave us this snow suit and it is hilarious. Oliver was totally the kid from A Christmas Story. Please just look at that kid, he can hardly move! He was nice and toasty warm. And we watched Ryan from inside as our friendly neighborhood snowman made an appearance.
We are excited about the snow but we understand that the excitement may not last for long:) So we are enjoying it while we can and are sooooo thankful that it hasn't come until now, it makes winter seem a little shorter. It's so fun to have a white Christmas. We need to go get a sled asap and hit the slopes.
My favorite part about snow is that there really are snowflakes, just like the ones you cut out in kindergarten, but just miniature. Everyone else may know this but I vividly remember when I was at school at BYU-I and I was with my friend Brooke and we discovered this. It was quite the scene, and we proceeded to tell everyone around us and at our dismay it seemed we were the last to find out:) Typical Californian's, I know. But we were seriously amazed.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the snow suit! Classic...

andrea said...

This is hilarious! I love it. We just got our first snow tonight, but it's not enough for a snow man yet....very soon we will have more than we want. I am equally amazed at snowflakes....there are so many funny things I didn't know being from Arizona. I feel so dumb, but that's all I knew!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

BETS,
I can't get over how stinkin cute Oliver is.. OH MAN, So lets try to get together another weekend. SOON. I miss you and can't wait to meet the little guy. LOVE YOU.

Magen said...

even in his fatty snow suit oliver is such a beautiful baby...and i was totally laughing about the snowflake discovery by you and brooke...i could just see the excitment on your faces when you told everyone- priceless

Jamie Lynn said...

That snowsuit is AWESOME. Straight out of a Christmas Story.

aaron and meg facer said...

That's awesome! It's WAY too big for him, but it still looks great. Thanks for humoring us! We're supposed to be getting our first snow storm out here...we're NOT looking forward to it!

monica said...

Hey Ryan...It's Tim. I wish I was shoveling snow.

Brooke said...

i TOTALLY remember when we discovered snowflakes. it was such a novelty! we had no idea and everyone else thought we were crazy. i tell that story often to the Californians, they totally understand. ps - your baby is gorgeous, just like you always wanted :)