Monday, November 12, 2007

Veteran's Day

So I went to the post office today to mail out some packages from their automatic postage machine (thank goodness for those). So as I was there, people kept walking in, really bothered that the post office was closed and they kept wondering aloud why. It was really sad that so many people didn't even know it was Veteran's Day. So I just needed to say how grateful I am to live in this free country and that a price was paid for me. Both of my grandfather's fought in WWII and I admire them so much for that, it is truly heroic. I am glad there is so much good to fight so much evil. So Happy Veteran's Day and may we all appreciate what we have a little more.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I agree. Veteran's Day is highly UNDERated.

P.S. Sorry,...but,...I tagged you!

Bean said...

Amen sista, it's too bad people are quick to forget that our freedom isn't free nor will it ever be