Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Big 3-0!!!



If you're easily bothered by sappiness.  Do NOT read.  Seriously.  You've been warned.

So you know that feeling when you're young.  Like late, late at night during a road trip when you're looking out at the stars, the wheels of the car are humming along and you find yourself  thinking about someone for hours and your heart feels like its going to burst.  Or hear a song that time travels you back to a specific day and time when you experienced something life changing.  Or how a certain fragrance can bring back feelings and emotion that you may have felt were gone forever?  You know that feeling?  For the older readers (if you've made it this far into this sappy saga); these moments of phenomenon may be almost dream-like.  Almost as if you're having a Mr. Darling moment of childhood remembrance from a 'Neverland' almost forgotten from "long ago".  This is my weak attempt to explain how I feel about Becky every single day.

It's actually kind of becoming a problem.  I find myself looking at her like I did when we first started dating.  I can't help it.  It's not forced by any means.  It's genuinely the way I feel and I'm drawn to react.  I could look at and trace her face with the same sense of focus and entrancement as I did the first day I held her hand.  I guess I just feel beyond blessed.  She's the one that everyone else was compared to in my life; even before I knew that I wanted her to be mine.  She's the one that I connected with from the beginning.  She's my ideal on every level.  So I feel crazy blessed that I get to be with my perfect someone for ever and ever.  Not everyone gets to have that. 

Yes, it's very sappy and romantic.  But when I think about what I have, it's no mystery to me why I act the way I do.  She's what I've always wanted and waited for since I was young.  All those feelings I had are alive in her every day.  Being around the things that are most important to you shouldn't mean they become stale or taken for granted.  On the contrary.  When you throw your heart and soul into things that are truly important; I've found that's when things go from amazing to miraculous.  So here's to my Baby, my every day miracle.  That's how I feel about her, truly.  She makes every day better.  Not just saying that to say it.  Seeing her and having her near always lifts me up; always.  Don't be afraid of the 30s Baby; they're going to be awesome.  You're a hot Momma in your prime and there is so much more for us in store.  For the rest of you readers, you were warned.  Although I know many of you know what I'm talking about.  Maybe not to the degree that I have it; but you know how awesome it is to have Becky around.  Love you Baby!!!  So glad I get to have you on our Team.

7 comments:

annieq84 said...

So cute Ryan! I can't think of anyone else who was more perfect for Becky. We all love her so much and are so glad she's in our family. Happy Birthday Becks!

aaron and meg facer said...

Sappy? Yes. Sweet? Yes. True? Absolutely! Well said, Ry. Happy birthday, Becky!

Unknown said...

Yeah, happy birthday Becks!! (You rock Ryan) =)

Brooke said...

And this is why you are her ideal as well. Love to you both! Miss you so much my heart really hurts.

jill said...

cutest post of all time. i'm a sucker for a good sappy post.

Burnett Facer said...

Two passionate people deserve each other.

I know you will cherish each other forever.

nita said...

Just commented using Papa's name. Sorry. Same sentiments.