Monday, October 1, 2012

Ami J B-Day!

I had to send a shout out to my favorite little girl Ami J for her birthday.  I love that girl so much.  Being from a family of 5 boys and no sisters; I always wanted a little girl of my own.  I couldn't have created a more perfect package than Amelie.  Good thing Heavenly Father knew just how to put her together.  Ami is the best.  She is the funny one in the family.  Sometimes she'll just say a word or phrase and Oliver will erupt in un-controllable laughter for minutes.  It is very reminiscent of Jon and Jeff. Jon could say a single word, or even just look at Jeff a certain way and Jeff would be on the floor laughing.  Ami is sassy which drives me crazy sometimes but I also love because I know she wont let anyone push her around.  Still, she can be very sweet; and out of nowhere she'll say, 'Dadda, I love you'.  Hopefully she's not saying that just to get something out of me :)

Ami is gorgeous.  She has the most stunning features.  Ever since she was a baby people would stop us and tell us how beautiful she is.  My favorite to this day is when the waitress at Ruby's almost fell over when she saw Ami's face.  When Ami turned around in her little high chair the waitress literraly took a few steps back and said 'Oh my gosh!  I was not expecting that!  She's so beautiful'.  So funny.

I love playing with her hair.  I dont know how to do hair; but I love playing with Ami's hair.  I love hearing her little voice.  Becky and I always say Ami must be so frustrated with us sometimes because when she's talking, you can't help but just smile and kiss her little face.  Poor girl, she's trying to communicate and we're always so distracted by how cute she is. 

Ami loves to play as Becky mentioned.  She will make me play pretend anything for hours on end.  She has a wonderful imagination and can be very independent.  I could go on and on about that little girl.  I love her.  I'm so glad she gets to be mine forever.

3 comments:

Darcey said...

aw, this was such a sweet "daddy" post :-) happy birthday amelie!

jill said...

Ryan

that was the sweetest ever. Ami will cry for sure when she reads this years from now and is reminded how much her daddy loves and adores her.

can't wait to see you guys so soon!

nita said...

I agree. What a sweet daddy. What sweet words. I'm so glad you got your little girl. We love her!