Sunday, April 29, 2012

Family Surfing in Town

Amelie is a certified beach bunny.  She went out with Ryan on the board and then demanded another session the minute they came back in.  She is not afraid to go out and gets so excited to be out on the ocean.  I am busy trying to get her swimming so she can start tackling the waves and we can get her surfing.  She's already been surfing out with Ryan and he was throwing her around like a ragdoll, which she loved.

Ollie is a diehard boogie boarder.  He will not let Ryan help him on the surfboard so it's been hard to try and teach that kid.  He said Ami can use his board till he is ready to go surfing in the deep water. He likes to stay closer to the shore and is apprehensive to get too deep.  He tears it up on his board catching waves and standing up.  I tried to get a video of some of his moves.  By this time, he had been out in the water for over 3 hours solid.  The kid loves to be in that ocean. 

I had fun going out on my board for the first time and was sad when I realized that the 6 year olds next to me were a million times better at surfing:)  It was hard work and my arms were killing after about 10 minutes in the water.  I stepped on the reef a few times not realizing I had cut the bottom of my foot and of course my first thought was, now I'm a target for the sharks!  It was so shallow but it didn't stop me from being irrational.  I was paddling on my board at one point and was scared to death when a dark shadow came from under the water only to realize it was a sea turtle.  They are so amazing, I could watch them forever.  Anyways I got up on my board 4 times and crashed way more than that.  I'm excited to get out and practice more.       

2 comments:

The Locklins said...

These videos are so great! I love seeing your little family embrace the island life. You look so happy there.

nita said...

Cowabunga Dudes!! You guys are hard core. Wish we were there.