Friday, March 23, 2012

Thursday night Farmer's Market

Greens
Lemonade breakThese pineapples are so sweet and delicious!
Food just looks more fresh and yummy in wicker baskets, right?
Ryan with some of our loot from the eveningEvery Thursday morning and evening, local farmers and caterers come out to sell their goods. There are so many yummy smells. I never feel like I bring enough cash but you gotta have limits or it could get bad. Next time we go I really want to get homemade Lilikoi jam but at $8 a jar, it was not happening. I also want to try the local cocoa bean chocolates. Oliver always picks out corn on the cob. We usually end up leaving with tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, corn, spinach, bananas, pineapple and bread. It's fun to get most of your fruits and veggies bought at a farmers market. Helps me know I'm not getting ripped off and food is much fresher than the grocery store
Out of nowhere, Ollie and Ami just started snuggling and Ami said "I lub you Ollie". It was such a tender little moment for my little ones. They are becoming better and better friends these days. It's so fun to see.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

How great! I love farmers markets. Such sweet little kids you have.

Brooke said...

they need a little baby to share that love with too. Go Becky!

kelleyplus said...

"I lub you Ollie?" My heart just grew ten times! Miss those babies! Mama too.

annieq84 said...

:) Such a cute picture of them hugging each other! I would frame it in an instant. Great post and I love the one below it about Ollie. We all sure love and appreciate him in the family!

aaron and meg facer said...

Ummmm... lilikoi jam sounds great. Farmers' markets are so fun but often surprisingly spendy in the US. That's one thing we miss most about South Africa, inexpensive fruit, veg, and craft markets with some serious African flare! -- AB

Burnett Facer said...

We are ready for snuggles too.