Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Makapu'u

Today we decided to explore one of Grandpa's favorite beaches, Makapu'u. It is about a 15 minute drive from our house and just glorious as can be! Here are the kids yelling "Hawaii!"

Seriously?! Aren't we lucky that God is such an artist?

Ami is also taken back by the view. We actually sat here for a while watching Humpback whales jump out of the water. I guess the best time to see them is December thru April which explains why I've had so many whale sightings at the beach lately.

This is the lookout spot down to the beach that we went to after. At the lookout spot there is this rad lighthouse that was built in 1909. There is a two mile hike to it that I hope to do for date night maybe, not with the kids. From the lighthouse there are great views of Molokai in the distance.

Oliver will not take off this hat. He loves it. It has the islands on it and it's red. Enough said. He's growing up...sigh


Here you can see the lighthouse where we were up on the face looking down at the beach

Ollie super stoked to get out on his board

I couldn't see Ami's face from the wind so she tamed that mane so I could see her beauty:)

Playing with a stick tipi

Taking control of her domain

Amelie is really good at sitting and playing in the sand which is perfect when I need to watch Oliver every second in the child drowning undertoe.

People can't get enough of watching Ollie in the water. He loves it and is super comfortable and he's miniature. People just look at him like, can he swim? You better believe it.

Skim boarding

I tried to get some shots of him taking some waves in but no luck. He is seriously getting good though. He can catch a wave in and stand up and surf it in to shore. And that's on a boogey board. Amazing balance will help him tons when he gets a real board.

5 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Gorgeous pictures Becky! So ghlad the sun came out finally!

Stuart Johnson said...

YEAHHHH!!!! the sun is out! Oli is ripping on that boards!!! thanks for sharing these!

Unknown said...

The colors in these pictures are so vibrant!! Beautiful.

Also, I love the pictures of your little place. I am totally impressed by your purchases. I love your couches and dining room table. Very nice!

We are ready to come when we can find flights for under $350 R/T per person...It can be done I know. My friends just flew there for $119 each way.

Keep your eyes peeled for us!

The Locklins said...

We are SO lucky God is an artist. The best one there is really. I am in awe of nature all the time. Your new neighborhood is breathtaking. I love seeing the kids soaking it all in.

nita said...

Hawaii!!!!!! Cool hat. Good surfing. Nice sand cooking.