Thursday, February 9, 2012

Home sweet home

Amelie trying to warm up after a swim with mom. This girl is sp gutsy. She went right into the waves with me, head under water and was loving it. Maybe it has to do with the fact that the water is so deliciously warm.



Oliver was literally in the water for over 2 hours. Seriously he could not be disturbed. He was loving it. I tell you, what a little warm water can do for kids playing at the beach. I might actually have a moment to myself at the beach now:)

We ran into Skee who was there with his girlfriend Roxy and a few buddies surfing. We're so lucky we get to have family close by, even if just for a semester more:)

I guess this was the busiest day at this beach ever. It's called Castles and is basically the Doheny of the north shore. All the kids and beginners were out getting the small, longboard waves. I even jumped in for a while with Austin's longboard. I'm excited to get surfing

This swinging rope was a favorite spot

Man I love that little body!

There are these little surfing huts at the beach that it looks like people rent out for surf camps and stuff. Looks like so much fun

These trees are unreal

Ollie found a real swinging vine!

Amelie camping out in a little homemade beach tent

My loves



Such a heartbreaker this girl

I love this picture. It pretty much sums it up. Austin is thinking "it's a little cold...the waves aren't that great...i guess i'll go out". Ryan is thinking "whaaaaaaaat! this is awesome. i can't believe it's so warm and i get to surf here and NO ONE is in the water!"

My sweetheart boy

Fun on the beach with Dad. Dad's are the best

My sweetheart girl

This is one happy man. Dreams coming true people

6 comments:

Ashley and Blake said...

Aww. I think Amelie looks older already! Miss u guys but it seriously looks amazing. I'm so jealous. Oh the warm water would change so much for my beaching! I think we should start saving for a visit!

Brooke said...

I love you, I miss you, I'm jealous and I can't wait to join you.

kelleyplus said...

Those faces fill my heart!

Brent and Nicole said...

How fun!! Your post made me miss Hawaii like crazy. Glad you guys get to live out your dream! Maybe we'll have to come visit sometime :)

Unknown said...

Lots of posts, yeah! I love how photogenic your kiddos are. It looks like everyone is having the time of their lives. I'm sure your kids were shocked when they went in the water for the first time and it was warm!

P.S. You look so skinny in that first picture on your cruise post. Skinny minnie!! =)

The McLane Blog Page: said...

oh my goodness-so awesome!!! so glad you guys are living your dream of being in Hawaii again!