Thursday, September 29, 2011

Ami J!

I have to post a little something for my Ami J as well.
I can't believe that she is 2 years old! That little girl has been a long time in the making. I remember growing up and wishing that I had a sister to talk to. I finally found my perfect girl in the form of Becky Kelley. We would talk about everything. We saw things in a way that few other people truly relate with.

Luckily I was able to snatch her up and make her mine forever. Anyone who says they shouldn't marry their best friend is absolutely wrong. Oliver was the second product of me being head-over-heels in love and completely committed to Becky (don't worry Ollie, your turn will come on your birthday); and Ami was the third. I remember before we were even pregnant with Ami I would tell people, "I'm so excited for my little girl to arrive" and people would say, "Dont say that! You don't know if you're going to have a girl" and I would reply, "Oh yes I do know!". Me and H.F. had spoken about this years ago (once my sister never arrived in my immediate family).

I could not have dreamed up a more perfect Amelie Jane! She is my perfect girl from start to finish. It's true what Becky wrote about her; she is a show stopper anywhere we go. She is picking up Spanish like a true Latina (which melts my heart). I love to hear her little words and how she puts them together. I love that when we go on walks she runs up to me with her hand stretched out and says, "Mano, mano!" and holds my hand. The 'I love' list could really start to add up. I'll finish with this: I love Amelie so much that I can't stand to be without her. I don't know what I would do if I didn't know that I could be with the people I love the most for always. God be praised for making this possible and for sending me the beautiful blessing of you Amelie. I love you! Saying I'm glad we will always be together would be an understatement. Having you as a daughter and knowing we'll always be together is what makes life beautiful.

3 comments:

jill said...

wow ryan. that was beautiful. i may have teared up. maybe. she is so lucky to have you as a daddy. :)

kelleyplus said...

Well said and ditto!

Brooke said...

I also teared, but that's pretty normal. Thanks for making me love my little girl even more, and yours :)