Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My son the artist

Oliver calls this one car rocketship. I think it's absolutely amazing. As we all know, Ollie is a very active, energetic kid who most of the time has a hard time sitting still. Well if you sit him down in front of some blank paper and a pen, he creates some major masterpieces. His little hand is so focused and concise, I am amazed at watching him at work. He is truly an artist. Ryan and I are excited that out of the major artists on both our sides, Ollie inherited that talent.
Oliver decided one day that he was very curious about names and writing them. First he asked me to write grandma's name "suzie". Then he wanted me to write his name, "ollie". Well he exclaimed with pure excitement that grandma and his name had letters that were "same same". The i and e became the focus. He immediately was on a quest to write an e. The above was his first attempt, he got it on that last one. I am amazed at little minds learning.
These were the next e's. Pretty impressive.This is Ollie writing his whole name all by himself. A little out of order but you get the idea. What a smart kid. I can't wait for joyschool to start next week. Back to school and time to learn!

3 comments:

kelleyplus said...

WOW! and WOW again! He is really got that part of the brain in gear. It will be so exciting to watch his talent grow.

Mom

andrea said...

So great. I love the art children do, it's so awesome.

Aaron and Meg said...

Well done, Ollie! I'm totally impressed with his writing! 'E' isn't an easy letter to write for a little guy, but he's doing a great job.