Sunday, March 16, 2008

I love this place

It is so gorgeous outside right now. We got in yesterday and it was super stormy and I LOVED it, love the dark clouds, the wind, the rain and mostly the contrast of the green against it. It is so green here! I guess I didn't realize how bland Utah is right now until I finally saw lush green grass and hills again. Today the skies are crystal blue and there is just the right amount of wind. The tangerine and lemon trees on my yard are in full force, and it smells so nice outside. I was having a conversation with my good friend Courtney about finally growing up and buying a house, a scary endeavor for us that's still a ways off, thank goodness. Anyways we were talking about California and the ridiculousness of how expensive it is to live here. It really is craziness. On the plane yesterday I was watching Flip that house, love it, and this guy was buying a condo, 1 bed 1 bath in Pasadena (right next door to La Canada) for...wait for it...$275,000. And it was not nice, at all. So I'm thinking to myself, who does this! And then I thought, probably us. I just love this place. Ryan and I are also dreaming big about living in Hawaii, also crazy expensive. You know what, I just need the diversity, personality, color. If I could have it my way, we would move all over the world, a new place every few years. I just don't like the idea of settling...there's so much to see and do. Is anyone else itching to never settle, I'm interested to know?? I'm wondering if it changes once you have more kids, probably.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Becky,
I'm like you but Seth is a settler. He wants to live in the same place his entire life, but even after I had kids, it didn't change the fact that I would still move all over the world if I had the opportunity just to experience a bit of everything. Sadly, I have to settle in one spot because of the kids and Seth's job. Even if they don't change what you want, having kids has changed what I actually choose to do. But the desire is still there. . .

andrea said...

I feel the same way, I love new places and experiences. But, if we do ever settle....California would be where I would chose!! It is really expensive, but worth it! (you know more than me.)

The Johnson Journey said...

I love the pictures of Ollie at his little birthday celebration. That Chuck E Cheese was a heck of a lot more crowded than ours! About settling... I think it just gets more exhausting to keep moving the more kids you have, but what do I know, I've only moved once while I was preggo and I'm scared to do it again! :)

The Johnson Journey said...

Becks, did you ever get ahold of the person in Hawaii to see if they got our money? Let me know!

Becky, Ryan, Oliver, Amelie, and Nora said...

Mars, so I told Ryan to call you guys when he called her, did he not?? Sorry, I should have done it. But yeah, that very day we called she got the check. We are good to go and I hope you two are getting ready for the best trip of your lives!!! I can already taste the Dole Plantation pineapple, mmmmm.