Sunday, March 2, 2008

HAPPY BOY


Ahhh the calm after the storm, or at least that's what it's felt like. We are happy to report that Ollie is back to his normal self again. It was so funny cause after feeling badly for so long, the first day he was feeling better, he was just laughing and giggling to himself all day and smiling at everything. It's nice to have him back. For a while there, I forgot what a happy baby he could be:) Anyways, he basically had a really bad viral infection in his throat, the ear infection, and the diarrhea. So the poops are pretty much dunzo, except that his antibiotics for the ears do give him the runs, but he's not uncomfortable anymore which is the best part. And we know it's nothing that a lot of time wouldn't cure. He had some amazing pain killers for his throat which let me tell you, saved Ryan and I. So he started walking up steps, which I don't know why I'm in love with this, I just am. There's a vid of him talking a stroll outside and getting real excited about it, even though it was freezing. And I wish we could get a good one of him waving but it just won't happen. He waves to everyone, it kills me. So if you pay attention at the beginning of the strolling video, he's waving. So there you go. And I apologize for the hideous picture of me, but I realized I never post me, so I thought I should.



7 comments:

monica said...

So cute! I love it when they start walking, it makes life so much easier. He's a speed-racer. I can't believe how fast he can go. James won't even attempt standing up on his own.

And I'm glad he is starting to feel so much better.

Lindsay said...

OH YAY! I'm glad he is feeling better. I feel like Jack has been sick for a month- ever since his shots...Plus, I think the same thing has happened- he had an ear infection, and I don't think it went away. I made yet ANOTHER appointment today to have it checked b/c I didn't want to end up in the same situation that you have been in. If it's gone, at least I'll have one thing to rule out. SOMETHING is wrong. Anyhow, I love the pictures. So cute. You look great despite what you think, and the little diaper bum in the air is the best. Too tired to finish the bottle eh? CUTE.

I love too, that he has this little grandma walker. I guess you end life the same way you came in....diapers, walkers, people feeding you...ah- something to look forward to. He looks so big walking and stuff. Your little baby is growing up!

The Johnson Journey said...

So cute. I love how excited they are to be able to go outside again. The weather is starting to get nice! I'm so glad that Ollie is feeling better. That means you're going to be happier too! Amazing how that works.

By the way, Ryan needs to call Ryan back and start pressuring him... with details too. He's thinking about it!

Unknown said...

Becks his hair cut is killing me! =)

The Belnaps said...

Ollie is so cute! I'm glad you have your happy boy back! It's kinda sad how fast you forget just how good of kids they are when they get sick. And that wind, ouch! Cold wind...not my favorite!

andrea said...

yea! I am so glad he is better! That was forever!!! He does look just like your dad! I saw the picture grandma is doing of him today, SO CUTE!

Russ and Loni Lamm said...

Holy Cow...I laughed so hard at that video. Okay so I just sent Mary an email about Hawaii. I found that Aloha airlines has tickets for each couple to fly roundtrip for 800.00. Not bad however unfortunately Boise doesn't fly to Hawaii...does Utah? I didn't even think of that. Also Russ is trying to get us a cheap Turtle Bay Beach House through his friend for dirt cheap.
So the new news is that my Dr. moved my apt up 3 weeks because I am having spotting issues so I don't know if he will let me fly. Here is keeping our fingers crossed! Well better get going but we will keep in touch!
Loni