Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day

The kids this morning with our father's day breakfast.  We wish we could have brought some to Papa and Grandpa too:)  We had cheesy eggs, bacon, waffles with cinammon syrup, strawberry topping, and whipped cream.

I am lucky enough to have amazing father's in my life.

My father-in-law Burnett is just one amazing guy.  He is always so fun to talk to and always has interesting things to say.  I appreciate his example to be faithful and obedient and have lots of fun while you do it.  He is an amazing father to his boys, I have seen it firsthand.  You can tell that because those Facer boys are special, and I think it has a little something to do with their dad.  He is also an amazing Papa to my babies, and loves them a lot.  We miss having Papa around. 

My Dad is one of my very favorite people.  Everyone who knows my dad loves him.  He's just got that ability to make everything fun and make everyone feel apart of it.  I always remember going to bed every night listening through the walls to the Star Trek opening song.  It was such a weird comfort to me knowing my dad was there, just eating his vanilla ice cream, holding the fort down.  My dad has had a lot of success in his life but I know that for him, no other success compares to that of his children.  He is one proud dad.  My dad knows how to make life special, even when it's not perfect.  He knows how to make the best out of a situation and look at the bright side.  He is such a good grandpa to my kids.  He takes every opportunity to spoil them or try to make them smile.  We miss our grandpa/dad a lot these days. 

Now I get to talk about the father of my kids:)  Ryan is a great father.  He knows how to set an example, build their confidence, and have a lot of fun.  He is constantly playing pretend (puppets, puppies, chickens, monsters, flying) with the kids, Amelie will try and have me join in but just give up because lets face it, Dad's are just more fun.  He will send me texts just saying, "I miss you and those babies.  Tell them I can't wait to hang out with them when I get home".  Ryan never tires of being with his kids.  He doesn't keep score about who had them all day (like he did yesterday) and takes advantage of the time he gets with them.  I know its hard for him to be at work but he never compains about waking up super early, working 12 hour days and not getting to surf nearly as much as he should:)  His top priority is us and no one can mistake that.  Ryan also has an amazing testimony and has no problem sharing it as often as he can.  What a great example he is to our little ones.  They're going to be great missionaries just like their dad.  He also loves me endlessly.  What better example from a father to his son about loving his wife, or to his daughter about how she should be loved.  Ryan is our protector and our biggest fan and that makes him the best father around.

I know that most of the world doesn't consider their Heavenly Father a literal father.  I do.  He is a perfect father with perfect love for his children.  All the amazing, good, and beautiful things I have in my life are from him.  He loves me enough to know what husband I needed, what kids he would trust me with, and the simplest details that make life beautiful for me.  There are so many needs that are unspoken yet he truly understands me and can comfort me when no one else can.  Isn't it amazing to know that someone is in charge and his plan is perfect.  I am so grateful for that knowledge I have.  I hope I can be a better missionary to share these beautiful truths to others.  We all deserve to know.          

4 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Looks like a super breakfast!

Burnett Facer said...

Thank you so much for those precious words. We wish we could be there to share all those memories we get to hear about.

The Locklins said...

Those are beautiful truths, Becky. Happy Father's Day to your Ryan! I can see how much love your family has. It just bursts from your smiles and hearts.

Aaron and Meg said...

Nice stuff about the wonderful dads in your life. So cool how we're all connected! -- AB