Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Visitors are the best!

 Up the trail of Diamond Head hike
 A gorgeous lookout spot that almost gave me a heart attack
 Beautiful views in every direction.  We were all so hot and sweaty by this time but so excited to be on top of the world!
 Trying to spot sharks.  Or maybe a sea turtle or two. 
 Devin was my surrogate husband helper cause Ryan had to work this day.  He tag teamed Ami with me.  I can't begin to describe how many funny/exhausting moments we had trying to get up that mountain.  I love being with Andrea because we can just have these crazy moments where we both burst into tears/laughter over the silliest things.   
 Seriously this girls face.  She is going through a major "by myself" phase.  You love it and hate it.  Mostly love it though.
 Oliver is into the "being cool" stage in life.  I swear we've got a preteen on our hands at times with him.  He thinks tattoos are the coolest, refuses to wear a shirt (but must have one over his shoulder) and insists on wearing a hat at a tilted angle.  Notice how he won't crack a smile in most pics.  He is still my sweetheart boy though.  That kid has a heart of gold. 


We hit this beach a few times and the kids loved it because it had awesome rocks to climb and lots of sea turtles.
 Mara Jane was totally my bff by the time the trip was over.  It took a little time but she totally warmed up to me and loved playing with me (when her mom wasn't too close by:).  She is so funny and sassy, I can't wait to see her personality come out more and more.  Love that little baby girl!
 Ollie and his perma-shaka
 Gorgeous giant green leaves and the blue blue sky
 Andrea and I got our toes done on a girls night.  It's just so nice having pretty toes:)  Our girls night consisted of hole in the wall sushi (including a fly...don't get me started), a coldstone session that included 9 reeses peanut butter cups (seriously this employee was Coldstone's worst nightmare), and some amazing conversation with one of my favorite girls. 
 Beachtime nap
 This was minutes before that dress came off and I couldn't get her to wear her swimsuit.  My kids+hawaii= nakedness
 These girls were in their element.  There are so many adventures to be had at the beach. 
 Wave!!!

 Ollie was in heaven with Cam and Andin here.  Seriously, they just get along so well.  Ami was SO sad when they left:( 
I wish I would have gotten more pictures but I only brought my camera out a few times because we were just having too much fun soaking in the island with friends.  Having visitors I can already tell will be a huge perk of being in Hawaii.  It's so fun to take people around the island and show them all of our favorite spots.  Andrea and Devin were such easy guests to have.  They cleaned and cooked and bought food, it was pretty wonderful to be honest!  And we get along so well it was just easy and fun to have them around.  We had nightly SNL viewing, many Ted's sessions, surfing, relaxing, shopping, hiking, laughing and beach time galore!  I can't wait for more visitors.  It makes missing family a little easier.  SO grateful to be in our sweet little beach house that has enough room for guests.  We had such a great time, thanks for coming guys.  We LOVE you!

5 comments:

kelleyplus said...

Loved the update and all the amazing and beautiful pictures! So happy you had company and it all worked out so well.

annieq84 said...

So glad you guys had such a blast together! I can't wait till our lives slow down enough to make a trip out there! I love that Ami and Gage are always going through the same thing. Gage is constantly naked and I think half the ward and all my neighbors have seen him in his glory. Many have also received hugs from him in that state (including the missionaries). It's so much cooler than wearing clothes!

nita said...

Sharing the dream. You two are obviously very gracious hosts. Who wouldn't want to enjoy paradise with your family?

andrea said...

Oh man. We had so much fun & love you guys so much! Seriously, so many good times & I loved our girls night haha! We are so grateful to you guys & miss you so much. So glad to have you in our lives.

Burnett Facer said...

Keeping the hiking genes alive!! I want to hike Diamond Head! Maybe you could Tatto a swimsuit on Amie.