Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Discovery Center!

 Figuring out where the bones go.  Amelie was so proud of herself as she figured out where the bones went and felt the bones inside her body.  It's so fun to watch that little brain learn
 Looking for jungle animals with Oliver's friend Ellie
 Found one!
 Amelie picking flowers
Gardening
 Ollie in the "India" area perfecting his sewing skills.  They also had stamps here which Ollie interpreted as tattoos and stamped his whole arm:)  I love the India area too
 Ollie being the Filipino bus driver

Ami looking pleased with herself and her new hat.  Seriously that face kills me.  She of course had to bring tea and cupcakes from another area in the bus.  Only the best when you're in the bus
 In the Korean area trying on shoes
 I told him to smile for his Auntie Laura who served a mission there.  He made this face and I said what is that?  And he said, mom, it's like Kung Fu Panda.  Haha
 Amelie trying on some Korean clothes.  And the thumb as always:)
 Ollie decided it was only fitting to bust some moves in the Japanese area with his awesome shirt on
 Yes!
 Serving up some Chinese food
 Amelie and her friend Maisy hard at work
 I was watching the surf at Ala Moana through the window
 Yum-o
 The great wall
 Babies of every culture.  Amelie was beside herself with happiness.  Until we couldn't take them all home
 I love that they have an airplane area because frankly, airplanes are a way of life when you live in Hawaii.  The kids had fun taking turns being the pilot. 
 Being a shipmate
 A stowaway
 Oliver could totally be a little sailor.  I seriously want to get him into lessons asap. 
Pilot of the plane.  I asked, where are we going?  And both kids said California!!!  And then they both proceeded to tell me who they would visit when we get there.  When Amelie realized that we weren't in fact going to see grandma and grandpa and nana and papa, there were some tears.  I need to get myself a plane I think:)

And I had to put in a video of Amelie because she is just so funny.  We've been looking back on videos of when Oliver was little and I had so many up and with Amelie I just haven't been as good.  She is just irresistible most of the time.  And that little voice.  I'm going to miss this one day. 

I got a year pass to this museum and it's such a fun place to take the kids.  They just love it.  It's fun to meet friends here and just let the kids run wild.  This is only the top floor of the museum.  We didn't even get to the bottom floor so I'll have to take more pics next time.  Hawaii is such a melting pot of cultures.  It's so fun to introduce the kids to all these different people and traditions.

No comments: