Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The Zoo with Nana

















Today we got to spend the day with Nana at the L.A. Zoo. It was a perfect day for the zoo. I wasn't sweating bullets which is something that always comes to mind with a zoo trip. Oliver had one thing on the mind today...seeing the tigers. He could not rest until we saw them. I, of course, had to see the elephants. The new exhibit was soo big for the elephants though that it was hard to get a look at them. I am glad they finally have a nicer, bigger space than they used to (Elephants really should never be in captivity). One of the biggest hits for the kids were the little mice that were hiding in the bushes surrounding the exhibits. They were fascinated with them. We probably could have gone to the zoo and fed mice crackers the whole day:) It was so fun to spend time with Nana and get up to La Canada to hang out for a bit. Everytime I get there it seems something new has changed. I also realized driving back from LA that heading south just feels like home. It's surprising how quickly a place can feel like home when you spent so much time somewhere else. What can I say, this is a special place.

No comments: