Monday, August 29, 2011

A little sunset action

Ummmm future Christmas card? Possibly

Grandpa with the kiddles

Grandpa and Ollie

More of the sunset


The many faces of Oliver

This one was all him

Karate moves

I told him to show me his lover boy face, haha

I'm not sure what's going on here but it looks a little like excitement

Loving on Amelie as usual. I have to say that I love 4 year old Oliver. There's just something amazing about reasoning with a child. Being able to explain why he can't have something and him saying "oh, ok mom. I see that". I love that Ollie tells me he loves me at least a dozen times a day. My mom asks Oliver why he loves me so much the other day and he said "Cause she's cute". That kid is seriously going to be a heart breaker. I have never seen someone so excited about all the small things in life. I'm so happy I have another year at home with him before he's officially a big boy.

Sand angels

I could seriously kiss this mischievous little face all day long. Ami has gotten to be the funniest little thing. She is talking so much these days I can't believe it. I think she's actually speaking more spanish than english and her favorite word is "vamanos"! She can name all the features on her face in spanish and english. What a little smartie this girl is. If you try and take something she thinks is hers, she yells "mines" at you. It's hilarious. The minute music comes on, no matter when or what kind, she is dancing. The girls got moves.


A lady who was with her teenage daughter stopped me today at the store and I seriously saw them coming cause the minute I saw her daughter I thought she looked just like Ami fast forward 15 years. Well the minute I thought that, her mom gasped and I could see she was being taken back in time to when her little girl was small. She said that her daughter looked just like Ami. It was this funny connection I felt to her in that moment. Like maybe I could ask "how can I make time stop" and she could ask me "can I go back in time please"? I thought we were both going to cry:) It was just one of those moments I wanted to pick up my chubby almost toddler and never let her go.

7 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

that picture for sure needs to be in the christmas card! LOVE

annieq84 said...

I agree about Ami's mischivious little face. You know that kid is always keeping herself entertained!

kelleyplus said...

Looks like you guys made the most of the evening. Love all the faces of Oliver, especially the Lover boy!

Unknown said...

I love this post! Such a beautiful family, seriously. My favorite Oliver face is his karate one. I look at him and think of Carson. BTW I got Carson new top sider looking/loafer shoes for church from Gap. He looked at them and said Ollie shoes. Its really funny that he remembers Ollie's blue Vans shoes b/c these look kinda like those.

camille said...

Awww, I did tear up reading that little story at the end and thought maybe you both did break out in tears. I was on the edge of my seat, I tell ya. That is so sweet and just the idea that our little beauties will be giant adults someday makes me sad. Love all of Ollie's faces. He is a total babe. And, Ami... she is darling. Rowan wants to have a dance off with her whenever she is up for it. :) xoox

Aaron and Meg said...

Sweet post. I miss those kids!

Katelyn said...

Wow your kids are so big! These are great pictures. You're kids are seriously beautiful and super precious!