Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Independence Day

Carson and Oliver loving the firepit they picked out with Grandpa. My dad left with the boys and was gone at least 2 hours and we all joked that they probably went to the hardware store:) Well, they did just that and came back with a firepit. So funny.

The marshmallow eating sequence. I think Ami had more than anyone else:)







Our dear friend Jeffrey came for a visit and are so glad he's back from NY in sunny CA. Jeffrey, I hope we see much more of you, we love you!

Grampa and Ollie taking a dip to cool off.

The dad's and the kids.

Happy 4th!

Little Luke giggling. I can't believe what a chubster this guy is since I saw him last.

Flag raising

Dad and Ollie getting ready for the parade.

My patriotic ensemble

My sweet Ollie cakes. We realized that we forgot Ollie's bike for the parade at home (and actually we wouldn't have been able to fit it with all our beach stuff anyways) so he was trying to get happy instead of think about all the other kids with their cool bikes.



We really had the best 4th of July this year! In the morning we went to my parents place where their community was putting on a pancake breakfast, flag ceremony, and a parade. It was so fun to see tons of families out enjoying the beautiful day and defining what it is to be American. After that we went swimming for a bit and then headed down to the beach with tons more family that joined us. Ryan went surfing with his brothers, cousins, and friends while the kids played with each other on the sand. We had tons of people there; the Facer's, Uncle Mark and his family, the Leseurs, Andrea and her family, my parents, and tons of friends! I didn't get any pics at the beach because I was apprehensive to take my camera to the sand but it was lots of fun. After the beach, we went back to my parents for some fire and smores, and of course fireworks later that night. It was a blast, you just gotta love the 4th of July:)

4 comments:

annieq84 said...

I love Ollie's face in the picture with all the boys. Such a cutie! I can't wait to be there in less than a week!

Jeff Sheets said...

I FINALLY made the blog. My life is complete. Love you guys. Thanks for a great afternoon.

andrea said...

Love your picture of the toms....so cute! It looks like it was a great day!!!

Roney Family said...

Darling pictures. Looks like you had a blast!