Sunday, July 3, 2011

Dad's Birthday!



We had a dinner for Dad's birthday tonight with some family and celebrated his 60th birthday, can you believe it! 60 never looked so good! Mom and I and Leah picked out a really yummy cake for Dad because he does have a thing for good cake and we had fun watching the kids devour it. I love my dad because he really gets excited about life. I sometimes imagine Ollie as a very miniature version of my dad, they are so similar at times. My dad loves to share his excitment with everyone. Whenever he gets a new car, he can't wait to take you out for a spin or let Ryan and I take it out on a date. He loves to share everything with his family. He is so passionate about art, history, music, and so many other things. He is always so positive and upbeat about life even when things get hard. Have you ever watched the movie "Big Fish"? That movie reminds me so much of my dad. His stories aren't always true and are usually a little embelished, but that's because he sees things being so much more colorful and exciting than reality. What he comes up with is always a better story than the real story:) I don't mind that, I like to see things that way too. He has sacrificed so much to have 7 kids, I mean seriously, it's not an easy thing to do. You can tell that nothing else matters as much to him as his family. I want all the happiness in the world for my dad. He really deserves it.