Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Orange County ZOO


The kids and I decided to go explore the Orange County Zoo today. It was such a perfect little zoo for little ones and I was impressed by the variety of animals they had for such a small place. Best two bucks I've ever spent!

Ami was obsessed with this mountain lion...Proof. Actually her face was like this almost the whole time. She is an animal lover, that girl.
Petting Zoo, everyone's favorite part.
AJ kept poking these guys noses and they really didn't seem to mind at all.
They had little brushes for the kids to comb the animals.

He decided that my shirt was worth a taste. Really though, I was getting concerned for my clothes, he wasn't joking.
The zoo is part of Orange County Parks and I swear it's like our own little Griffith Park here in orange county. They have pony rides, paddle boat rentals, train rides, and a huge pond for duck feeding. I might have found my new favorite place with the kids.
Feeding the ducks!
Save some for the ducks Ami!
Can life get any better than these two?
This is a face that is very easy to love, and kiss:)
Oliver decided Ami needed a little protection across the bridge. What a good boy.
She was so excited to be out roaming after being pent up in the house all weekend. Check out the excitement on that face.
I love how green it is after all that rain.
My cute Ollie boy.

Here's to many future visits. I'm so glad our community offers fun things like this to do and I'm so happy to live in a place we can go out in January and enjoy a nice day. When it's 50 and I'm complaining, I need to remind myself of that:)

6 comments:

andrea said...

Amen & how fun! I need to take my kids there still, I can't believe it's only $2!!! Those green leaves or whatever they are in the picture of Ami are gorgeous! Photo op for sure :)

andrea said...

I meant the picture of Ollie :) fyi

Unknown said...

I love the second to last picture of Ollie. I also love Ami's shirt. So cute!

kelleyplus said...

That face!!! So darling. Where is the orange county zoo? I used to go to the Santa Ana zoo, but not the orange county zoo. Is it near O'Niell Park?
Beautiful pictures!

Aaron and Meg said...

Fun trip! I can't believe how big Ollie is getting. He looks so long and tall, not like a toddler anymore. And Ami's expressions are priceless. I wish I could kiss them both.

Bean said...

ah, you do such fun things with the kids, I love it! 2 bucks, seriously? I'd be goin there every week!